Existing Member?

nazarshowing The more you see - the less you know

White as Snow

GERMANY | Thursday, 21 May 2015 | Views [290] | Scholarship Entry

White as Snow

You have to be strong to make your dreams come true. Once I did.
At that time I did not realize it at all, but that was a miracle. A dream came true. White as snow.

I don't know yet that it will be a miracle. I am just getting on the bus in Prague following to Hamburg. It is mid-October and the weather is not good at all… But it won’t spoil my mood. I am ready. I have been dreaming of such journey for a very long time. There are only 9 hours left.
The bus is leaving for Hamburg now and I can see Czech landscapes. They are so much familiar to me. I know and love every village I see: small houses with red roofs and church domes, mostly white. I am looking at it and still can’t believe that there is a life in such place. It must be a fairy tale.
It becomes one more fairy tale when we get closer to the Czech-German border. Just look to the right! There is a lake at the foot of the mountain, surrounded by giant trees. And a castle, standing at the top of this mountain, so proud and so high. It seems to me that I can see its foundation, somewhere deep in the mountain, between ancient stones. I am lost in this beauty. Between all these hills, which look so young, green and endless. And I want to go to the top of the mountain. I really do.
But… It is time to make my dream come true, and we drive into a long tunnel. I know that afterwards I will be in Germany. I am leaving Czech far behind now. At least.
We are leaving the tunnel. It is getting so light. Bono is singing in my Walkman:

Now the wolves are every passing stranger
Every face we cannot know
If only a heart could be as white as snow

White as snow. Not my heart (unfortunately?), but everything around is white as snow. I can’t see mountainous landscapes of the Czech Republic anymore. I am in Germany. In a flat German landscape, covered by snow, and only snow. And I start to cry. I have never expected my dream to come true in such a fascinating and tremendous way.
I wish I could tell you more: about my few days in Hamburg and the moment when I saw sea for the first time in my life. It was the Baltic Sea. And how I met my best friend who I had not seen for 5 years at that moment. How I rose – not to the top of that mountain in Czech, but to the top of St. Peter’s Church and could look at Elbe flowing far away. But I won’t – because these are stories which can be watched by everybody. My main story is invisible. My main story is white as snow.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About nazarshowing


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.