Existing Member?

Just drifting by

Microcosmos

CANADA | Saturday, 9 June 2007 | Views [329]

Since my arrival here I was really just surrounded by french french or french quebecois. That means that actually I could walk through the city without pronouncing any english word.
recently I've met an australian guy and went with him last wednesday in the west part of Montreal to play cricket and there I arrived in a kind of new world: surrounded by english speakers. Mainly aussis but also kiwis, a scotish and some other british folks, an american... It's crazy how different worlds really exist in a city and that some people just never meet because of the language.
Yesterday eve we went to a concert of a friend of Bruno. She is quebecois but she plays the trumpet in a south american band. And we were yesterday definitely the only non spanish speakers in the bar. The band was jsut speaking in spanish to the crowd.
And I have the chance to walk into those different worlds and being kind of a spectator.
And yesterday I became a bit nostalgic hearing that song from the mexican band Molotov... Good ol' times in London... Que muy Machino? Marica nena mas bien Putino! Puto!

Tags: Culture

About natha


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.