Existing Member?

Just drifting by

First hours in Canada!

CANADA | Tuesday, 22 May 2007 | Views [403]

Introducing Bruno, Laurence and Charles chillin' in the Parc La Fontaine
May 21st '07

Introducing Bruno, Laurence and Charles chillin' in the Parc La Fontaine May 21st '07

Well NO in Quebec!! I am so sorry!! People make a huge difference with Quebec and Canada!! So well I am in Quebec not really in Canada!! However.

My first day in Montreal, Quebec then was a national Holiday (In Quebec!) , la fete des patriotes ou la fete de la Reine. The day of the patriots or of the Queen (just as you like really!)

I have the chance to stay in a French Canadian Flat: Laurence and Bruno who know each other since school time. I first had to get used to their particular accent and especially the different expressions which are so different from France. But as I'm not in France but Quebec I have to get used to the new expressions and to deal with it!

We went for a good brunch with another friend of them, Charles. The typical breakfast here is like the british one: Eggs, sausages, bacon, backed beens and toasts. And just like in the american movies the waiter always comes back to refill your coffemug. If you order a tea just like I did you dont get a tea refill but you can get a coffee refill though!

And yeah the bills are also kind of interesting: they already split the bill for each client and of course they add the taxes which are not included in the prices on the Menu.  Well just as I said: I am in Quebec or maybe in America?!

And for dinner of course we had a BBQ (I guess that everyone who has a balcony (however small it might be) has as well a BBQ!)

Today I had to find the bank which works with my german to get money without charges. it was a pretty nice not really short walk. Montreal is build like most of the north american cities the streets are all straight so you can't get lost really.

And as most of you know i luv concerts: I will start tonight with my first gig!!! Welcome in Montreal!!

Tags: Discovering

About natha


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.