Existing Member?

Just drifting by

Long time, no see

CANADA | Monday, 10 March 2008 | Views [646]

Yes I was gone but not for real. I was just pretty busy being in Montreal. Nothing exciting to be mentioned in a travelblog though.
Friends were here for visit and I kept myself busy with spending time with friends, looking for new flatmates, sign up for studies for upcoming fall and starting to organise my trip in North America which will start in less then 4 weeks!

But I have been 2 weeks ago at Québec's Carneval, of course in the snow. With crazy people jumping in bikini in the snow! Well they seemed to have fun, my feet were cold enough in my big boots!
I went there with a big group of couchsurfers (www.couchsurfing.com). It was a meeting with around 80 people. I stayed at a friend's place and we were 8 in a flat made for 2 persons. But it was of course a lot of fun.

Last weekend I drove back with a group of 16 people to Québec to do some dog sledging. Those dogs were absolutly cute and it's just so much fun to slide through the forest with them.
In the late afternoon the biggest snowstorm in around 40 years came up! We took around 10 minutes to get from one pub to another (it was probably a 100m walk!).

I don't know what is more impressing: to see the snowstorm while it happens or to see what is left afterwards.

I will upload asap some pics of all of this.

And I believe that I will be a bit more present on this blog once on the road with Steffi, Manu and my parents.

Tags: Adventures

About natha


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.