Existing Member?

Where are we now - The photo's tell the story An update on the where-abouts of Nat & Chris' epic RTW journey.

Vancouver

CANADA | Friday, 13 April 2007 | Views [802]

After an amazing experience watching the NBA we headed off to Vancouver, Canada via Amtrak and their associated bus.  We caught the train from Portland to Seattle and then the bus onward to Vancouver.  Quite uneventful when compared with our recent travels.

We were able to catch up with Bernie, a friend who we worked with at the bank who now lives in Vancouver.  Our few days in Vancouver were quite slow paced and we didn't venture too far sightseeing.  Due to our less eventful days in Vancouver we were forced to find another outlet for our energy, making use of our bags we created our own weights and did a session in our small dorm (see photos - Didge closest we will probably get to naked pics for you). 

We were able to make the trip to Granville Island and Junior thought he was back home with their version of the "Sand Bar".  We also found a beautiful market that far outdid the Adelaide Markets and both enjoyed a beautiful lunch followed by a trip back on a very small ferry (when you see the photo it almost looks like a toy, remote controlled boat). 

Our hostel was one street from Davie Street which is in the Gay district (BJ we probably visited the bars and cafes that Michael took you to).  Davie street had some of the best restaurants we have found (also quite inexpensive - finally).  We had our usual Japanese the first night and tried a few different things with Singaporean and Greek (JC you'd be proud - the Keftedes or meatballs for you uneducated were awesome).  Both the Singaporean and Greek restaurants we visited had lines out the door and down the street by 6.30 every night as people waited for tables, it was evident why once we tasted the food.

Tags: Sightseeing

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.