Existing Member?

Where are we now - The photo's tell the story An update on the where-abouts of Nat & Chris' epic RTW journey.

San Diego, the zoo and seaworld

USA | Wednesday, 28 March 2007 | Views [585] | Comments [2]

Well kids its been a big last couple of days.  We met an Aussie (Matt Stillman, well he's a victorian but we'll forgive him for that) in Santa Monica who we have set sail with in a blue and white van down the coast to San Diego.  We took in all the sights along the way including Huntington Beach in the OC (famous surf carnival held there every year), Laguna Beach and the US Navy Amphibious Base.

We've settled in at Banana Bungalow, a far shot from our last night's accomodation at Emily's Parents house ... o my god it was awesome to get a good nights sleep in a real bed, to have a warm shower and clean some clothes (A big thanks again to EM).

We've done the tourist thing the first few days as the weather has been shiza, cold and windy. Seaworld was awesome!! The risky rescue show involving sea lions and sea otters was a classic (little sea otter carried out a can of pepsi).  The dolphin show was pretty cool, amazing how high they can get out of the water.  To finish we saw the "Shamu the whale show" pretty cool to see a 600 pound whale get its whole body out of the water.

Yesterday we went to the zoo with a whole crew, Victorian's Matt and Mel, Kansas City Sebastion and Norway Cecelia.  I think Nat and I are the only ones taking silly photos but we're having loads of fun.  The zoo is huge and has loads of interesting animals.  Best to take a look at the photos, Luke you'd be proud mate as my skills with the photographic tools are coming along.

Tags: Sightseeing

 

Comments

1

Keep on taking the photos as we are really enjoying "seeing" what you are up to. We loved Sea World Hope you fed the dolphins and visited the polar regions.

  margret Mar 29, 2007 9:11 PM

2

Great photos keep on having a great time, junior you got a bit of a gut growing nicely. Nat make him work out more.

  Trent Apr 2, 2007 7:56 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.