Existing Member?

rainbows hungary- - >croatia -->bulgaria-->turkey-->syria ..

turkey to syria

TURKEY | Thursday, 20 December 2007 | Views [1101]

internet in syria was slower than me walking on higheels(which has never happened but consindering how slow i am in general one could imagine..)therefore i never made it to write a single line. after istanbul we took the train all the way to ankara and stayed there for 4 days.it was way smaller than i expected,not much there,i think i just had the impression that should be big just because its the capital(stupid me)people were really nice though and i found out there were so many active couchsurfers enough to call a really last minute cs meeting.one of the surfers we met there took us to the castles were we met a very interesting old lady, living there.she turned her house into a museum and was willing to talk to some people to explain the history of the place.she was really against the whole castle commercialization story and was getting angry from time to time while talking.after ankara we left to adana where we stayed in a hotel for the first time :( i only spend 3 hours there so it wasnt that bad.4 o clock in the morning i got on a bus to antakya from where later on i d catch a minibus  to haleb.i was scared,like always when i leave vasilis behind(Thats why i prefer to always leave alone)and i started crying to find a girl touching my shoulder and trying to soothe me in a calm voice.10 minutes later i fell asleep to wake up in antakya.the girl was super nice.she was from morocco but living in france and she was going to syria to visit her mother in law with her husband.she wasnt in very good terms with her husband..she in fact told me "stay away from palestinians" but i wait until i meet some more of them before i judge.haleb was..different.10 men for every 2 women on the streets and even those 2 holding hands,moving fast and fully covered(That wasnt the case in the rest of the places though from what i saw)

Tags: People

About nasta


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.