Existing Member?

Musical and other adventures

Day 2 - Part 2 - Arrived in Simgapore

SINGAPORE | Tuesday, 4 June 2013 | Views [198] | Comments [2]

 

Forgot to say earlier, that when we were going through security this morning, Rob disappeared, leaving me bemused about where he had got to (he has a habit of disappearing at inappropriate times at home!) I gathered up all our stuff as it emerged through the scanner, and Rob suddenly appeared out of nowhere! Once leaving the security area, Rob revealed that he had been whisked aside (he must have looked a bit sus) and they did the full thermal body imaging and the pat down! He said it was quite like a Doctor Who/wild West experience, because they enclosed him in a Perspex shell for the scan, (with his hands up as though the baddie said 'stick em up', then they did the pat down (also with hands up) after he emerged from the shell. It brings back memories of Rob's Wild West hero, Randolph Scott!
 
With that all behind us, we had a wonderful flight. We were on the upper deck of an Airbus A380. Singapore airlines have a few A380s with a small section of economy class behind business class. We have flown on the upper deck before on a previous trip and it is very quiet and smooth. 
 
We seem to be taking the rain everywhere we go! Raining in Canberra when we left, also  in Sydney and we landed in a thunderstorm here (not unusual for Singapore).
 
We are staying in the Crowne plaza which you can access from the terminal without going outside in the rain. I didn't fancy having to dry off everything in the suitcase when we got here! Rob and I have a direct view over the runways from our room, so we can do lots of plane spotting. Rob is in his element! 
 
Our blog name came about because this trip is a particularly musical adventure. The impetus for the trip being the Benjamin Britten 100th anniversary of his birth, at the Aldeburgh Music Festival in Suffolk. We are also basing the trip around an organ music festival in Tallin, Estonia, plus a ballet in St Petersburg and hopefully other music as we stumble across it. 
 
We are finishing the day with a drink and some steamed dumplings. Tomorrow we are off to Heathrow, staying near the airport because we are getting a bus to Ipswich the next day. 

Comments

1

Congratulations Robot! In some cultures you and the airport security worker may be considered married.

  Grand leprechaun Jun 4, 2013 6:41 PM

2

Luckily Rob didn't have forgotten kibble in his pocket like I did when we went to NZ :o

  Jive Jun 6, 2013 10:27 AM

About musicaladventures


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.