Existing Member?

Musical and other adventures

Day 3 - Tuesday 4 June - arrived at Heathrow!

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 5 June 2013 | Views [123] | Comments [1]

 

We continued our long commute over to the other side of the world! Today's flight was very good. This time we were sitting downstairs in the A380 as upstairs is all business class. We were not far from the first class suites. 
 
Prior to our touch down in Heathrow, one of the flight attendants came up to Rob specifically to ask whether he needed special assistance at Heathrow. We thought that Rob must have been looking pretty decrepit, to prompt that question! There were at least half a dozen people on the flight who required wheelchairs so were very bemused by the flight attendant's question! We figured that they may have asked all the passengers over 70, because it turned out to be a very long walk to Customs and the baggage claim. What they don't realise is that we walk 5 kilometres or more per day, so it was no effort to walk through the airport. Today, getting through the airport was a breeze by comparison to our previous experiences. 
 
We made our way to our hotel by train and bus (staying not far from Heathrow because we have to catch a bus from Heathrow to Ipswich tomorrow). Our long commute will finish tomorrow, because we can actually start experiencing new places and things to see etc!
 
We are finishing the day in a very nice pub, having a drink before we retire for the night. 

Comments

1

I wish someone would ask ME if I would like assistance when exiting the plane. On my flight home from NZ I was allocated one of the seats over the wing, and was asked if I could help them lift open the door in the case of a crash, and I had to tell them I was too decrepit and swap seats (I was having a Nurofen Plus day).

  Jive Jun 6, 2013 10:31 AM

About musicaladventures


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.