Existing Member?

Enjoying Life....

Hanging in Hong Kong...

CHINA | Thursday, 30 July 2009 | Views [733] | Comments [5]


Hong Kong is such a nice city...so clean compared to the other cities I've visited.  There are so many shopping centers...too bad I didn't have time to do more shopping!  We got to HK around 12:30 to meet up with Wendy and Patrick but they were running late, so we went to Harbour City to do some shopping to kill time.  I could only do window shopping since all the expensive name brand stores are in here...Versace, Chanel, Gucci, Fendi, etc.  It was nice to look at everything...maybe one of these days when I win the lotto, I will be able to shop there!!! :)

We hung out at the Sony store for a little while and they had the prettiest netbook I had ever seen.  It is pink in color and only weighs 1 kg.  It hasn't been released to the US yet...probably will be available in September.  I was so tempted to get one...it would've been about $550 USD...but in the end, I decided I didn't really need it no matter how pretty it is.  I'll wait till it becomes cheaper! :)

We finally met up with Wendy and Patrick around 1:30pm.  Mimi and her mom went their separate ways to do some shopping for some things they needed.  Wendy and Patrick took me to the peak where you can get a great view of the city...they were so excited to show me around Hong Kong so I could see the cleaner side of China. :)  Even though both of them live in the UK, they come to HK to visit often and was familiar with the city.  Wendy's father lives in Kowloon and Patrick has relatives in Macau.  We hung around the peak for a little while and went to grab a quick bite to eat.  Afterwards, we did some shopping at Lambert Place...really nice place, but still expensive.  This place has the longest escalator I have ever seen (though Wendy told me there is another place with an even longer one).  I didn't really find much to buy, but it was nice to just walk around and look at what they had.

I only hung out with Wendy and Patrick till about 6pm and then went back to meet up with Mimi and her mom (it takes about 1.5 - 2 hrs to get back home to Shenzhen).  I wished I had more time in Hong Kong...I really like the city.  I'll definitely have to come back again so I can see more of the city!  There were so many tourists there...and alot of western businessmen in their nice suits.  I love looking at men in suits...they always look so sharp...especially the older sophisticated looking men!!  Wendy and I definitely enjoyed looking at them...hehehe...

I ate alot again today.  I weighed myself this morning and was around 118 lbs (with clothes on).  That's not too bad...when I left the US, I was about 115 lbs.  BUT when I got home after dinner, I weighed myself again (wearing the same clothes) and I was 122lbs!!!  I ate about 4 lbs worth of food today!!!  Thank goodness I am heading to Shanghai tomorrow to meet Tom...I don't think he'll feed me as much as Mimi's mom!  :) I think he's going to be busy with work...so his driver will be taking me around wherever I want to go.  I'll be able to better control what I eat if I am on my own...

Comments

1

I see you found someone you are taller than (lol).

I KNOW you bought me something from the Sony store (hint hint).

and yo-yo = Yolanda. Keep having fun Muoy, you deserve it.

  Hubby Jul 30, 2009 10:36 PM

2

i've always wanted to go to HK!!! you should've invited me on this trip. you could've paid for it too.
so no fuccis, fradas, and frolexes? you'll get your chance in beijing. what is there to do in HK tho besides food and shopping?

and no matter what they say, HK is not part of china!

  KSPimpizzle Jul 31, 2009 6:05 AM

3

you're getting lefak-dark!!!

  KSPimpizzle Jul 31, 2009 6:06 AM

4

Haha..yeah, I am getting pretty dark being out in the sun everyday!!! No fuccis, fradas, or frolexes...I hear there is a fine if you get caught bringing those into the US...yikes!

  muoy Jul 31, 2009 1:17 PM

5

Hubby - I am taller than your little boy too!! :)

  muoy Jul 31, 2009 1:18 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.