Existing Member?

I'm doing it!!

Kuala Lumpur

MALAYSIA | Saturday, 17 March 2012 | Views [458] | Comments [2]

So after saying goodbye to Ubud I was flying off to Singapore. Short but sweet stay (kind of). Well it took me about 2 hours and 3 tubes to get to my hostel for one night but it paid off in the end as they let me leave some stuff at the hostel until I go back there on the 28th. Means I am travelling light! Woohoo!! Such a relief I have to say just having a bag. After an hour flight to KL, I took a bus and monorail to my hostel (Rainforest B&B) The hostel is really lovely and cute, great location, the only downside being I am practically sleeping with the women either side of my bed! They are so close together! The free breakfast and the cleanliness makes up for it though, and to be honest I am used to it now.

There is a amazing place to eat just across the road. Its a Southern Indian place where the veggie menu is HUGE. The food is amazing. Has to be one of the best so far.

Anyway I have been exploring the city-checked out China town, Petaling Street market and Little India. There are some nice stalls but you do get hassled! I had one man practically following me down the street, trying to get me to buy computer games! I kept on hiding from him for the rest of the day!

The city looks pretty cool at nighttime, with all the lights, traffic and crowds. Its crazy busy but fab for people watching. I'm off to see those towers that everyone talks about today..haha think I had better really! Later on I am off to the airport for a 3-hour flight to Borneo.

I will see orangutans tomorrow at the famous sanctuary so I am so happy :) I am doing a 2 night/3 day wildlife trek. We stay in very basic huts with no showers-just a bucket to wash in! Haha I will be roughing it to the extreme so hopefully there will be no handsome men there to impress ;)

Speak soon.....cant believe in 2 weeks today, I will be getting set to fly home!

Bad luck!!!


Comments

1

fascinating blog as usual, make the most of your sightseeing xxx

  mum Mar 18, 2012 7:27 PM

2

It all continues to sound wonderful Kerry...
I can't wait to hear about Borneo and the Orangutans! I think it will be a really special and memorable experience! Wish I was coming with you!!..
Enjoy the remainder of your time away Kerry to the absolute MAX!
We are all so looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. We have some serious catching-up to do...!
Lots of Love xx

  Helen Mar 19, 2012 7:39 PM

About mudchild_11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.