Existing Member?

I'm doing it!!

Whitsundays, barrier reef and a secret talent for goat mustering!!

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 23 January 2012 | Views [613] | Comments [2]

Hello all,

Feels like its been ages!! The days have literally flown by since I have been on the tour. Its been crazy!!

I started off the tour by arriving hours too early! Somehow I was told to be at the pick up point at 7am and everyone else 11.30! It wasnt too bad though as I headed to the espanage area and caught some sun and did some people watching! I also couldnt reisit a sneaky tarot reading too so that passed the time. Some of it was spookily accurate!

I then met up with my group as was quite suprised how many people were on it-there is about 35 all in all and mainly girls. Straight away I got chatting with a couple of girls and we had been assigned to share a room for the first couple of nights so it all worked out great and we were soon swigging coronas in the beer garden!

The last week or so has flown by so I will give a quick run down on what I have been up to! The first trip we went on was to a wildlife park and I cuddled a Koala! So cute..

The next day after a really heavy night of drinking in the bar we set off at 7am to the Great Barrier reef. I cant even explain how amazing it was. I have completly been cured of any fears of the sea now after seeing that-you literally couldnt get me out the water and I was always last back on the boat. Best cure ever for a hangover! I saw such cool fish and coral -it literally was breathtaking. Highly recommend seeing it. It was so funny as at one stage they were checking everyone was on the boat and apparently they had been calling my name for about 5 minutes and I was completly oblivious to it!

We have spent a fair few hours on the coach getting from place to place as Oz is so big and spacious.

After about a 8 hour coach journey we arrived at the port to board our boat for the Whitsundays. Haha I was expecting luxury but we were literally sleeping in coffin like bunkbeds and sharing 2 loo's between about 35 of us! No showers for 2 days either but it was such a great experience. Stayed up drinking beers on the deck with a really fun Welsh girl on the trip in the pouring rain on the first night and actually I wont lie the second night too! Saw some amazing sights and did some really great snorkelling-andI found Nemo at last! He was so cute. We saw dolphins playing in the sea, turtles and even throw sausages for a eagle to catch in the air. He comes when the skipper whistles as he knows he always gets a feed...it was funny though as a cheeky seagull tried to get in on the act aswell but didnt go down as well with everyone!

After 2 nights of no washing we were all ready for a nice shower so our next stop was a place called Emu park which was heaven! We all donned togas and had a bit of a party. Somehow me and Bethan were again the last to bed!

I am going to have to update you all on the rest a bit later as my internet time is up!

Speak soon xxx

Comments

1

Lovely to have you back blogging Kerry. I know it's been hectic for you, but we've missed your updates.. Oz sounds wonderful - so glad it's turning out to be everything that you hoped for!
Keep on enjoying it Kerry & if you get chance, please upload some pics when you can. Hope to chat on skype soon. Miss you lots xx

  Helen Jan 23, 2012 10:03 PM

2

That sounds like so much fun!! So pleased for you to be out there!! Xxx

  Katie Jan 28, 2012 11:38 PM

About mudchild_11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.