Existing Member?

I'm doing it!!

The bed of steel and getting back in the saddle

THAILAND | Friday, 14 October 2011 | Views [356] | Comments [1]

I have moved rooms! My back couldn't take it anymore- the bed was made of steel I swear!!

I slept well the first night due to a few Chang's and a couple of Mai Tai's but I hardly slept last night..partly as I could hear  things creeping about the walls!

Now in a place called 'Breeze of Pai' -I have a really nice room for 250 baht.

I was pretty disappointed in Pai first off but now I like it, is is quite geared up for tourists but its cute. I went to a live music bar and ending up spending the evening with a nice girl from Malaysia and a English guy. The bar was good with all low cushions and a thai singer. The staff were all pretty hippy and wore stuff like you would see on brick lane. After the bar I got a lift to another open mic night which was great and cool atmosphere. Only trouble was at the end of the night a girl was carried out of the place and then there was a huge fight which was horrible. Afraid to say a group of guys from Essex were involved. Anyway the police turned up and I got some safe. I would not fancy a Thai prison so think the guys were pretty stupid.

I have hired a bike for a couple of days so its been cool exploring on that rather than walking everywhere. Plus its keeping me fit! I was pretty wobbly at first but okay now!

Going to try and do a tour tomorrow and I expect I will head back down to CM on Sunday and stay at the elephant camp...

Wonder what Drunken woman is doing now!! I have wondered...


lots of love

xxx

Comments

1

Hi Kerry,
Great to hear that you're now enjoying Pai, after not being too sure at first..
When I first saw the title, 'back in the saddle', I thought you must have acquired a horse!! Then I was thinking, Oh God, knowing Kerry & animals, if she's got attached to a horse, she's not gonna want to leave him behind and... Well you know, we did talk about what would happen if you wanted to try and bring a dog back, but, well a horse, is a different story all together!! Ha Ha!
Anyway, turns out you meant a bike, so no prob!.. Lol!
Keep on with the adventures and the blog Kerry - we're loving it!
So glad the Giant Lizards didn't get you!! xx

  Helen Oct 14, 2011 6:57 PM

About mudchild_11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.