Existing Member?

Andy's Travel Updates "The real thing is not reaching, the real thing is the journey, the very travelling. If you are too bothered about the goal you will miss the journey, and the journey is life - the goal can only be death."

Spain

SPAIN | Monday, 26 November 2007 | Views [329]

Hola!
 
Just a quick email to say hello and that I am still alive.
 
So far everything has gone great. Great Ocean Road was a nice start; now I can tick it off my list but I wouldn´t mind going back.
 
China was great even though it was only a few days. Highlights were seeing the crazy traffic, being stared at by everyone for being white and getting 75 minute foot massages for about $5.
 
I was in London for a day and the weather lived up to its reputation.
 
Portugal was great, particularly the ruins and grottos in Sintra. We went to see Fado and folk dancing  in Lisbon and had to ´dance´ on the stage with a handful of others who were picked from the crowd.
 
Pretending to speak Spanish is very fun. We have learnt a few phrases from a book which consequently have a terrible accent. The challenge is always to see how far we get before a store clerk finds out we don´t speak Spanish. Which usually means nodding and saying ´Si´, and then trying to work out what you just agreed to.
 
So now we are in Cordoba and driving to Granada tomorrow for 3 days.
 
Sorry for not being in touch sooner. Let me know what you are up to.
 
Andrew.

About mrandrew

Selfie by the river

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.