Existing Member?

Andy's Travel Updates "The real thing is not reaching, the real thing is the journey, the very travelling. If you are too bothered about the goal you will miss the journey, and the journey is life - the goal can only be death."

United Kingdom

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 23 March 2008 | Views [297]

Hiya, I never know how to start these emails. I feel I need 2 or 3 sentences to let you prepare for a monologue which is all about me. Ready? As you know I am living in London. My plans for travel in Europe have been pushed back, possibly to August, but I still have the same vague ideas of Greece, Croatia, the Czech Republic and possibly a hot air balloon. It's pushed back because the job is going well - great experience and great people. I'm still living in a house of 11 people and it's going surprisingly well. There is a new housemate called Hiro (like from Heroes) from Japan (like from Heroes). I was really hoping there would be a resemblance but to be honest there isn't. He doesn't even carry a sword. The 2 messy people moved out which is great. Just before one of them left he mentioned he had almost finished his community service. A friend asked me, 'You mean he does charity work'. It was then that I realised 'No I mean he was a convicted criminal'... the missing spoons and my empty milk bottle just made a whole lot more sense. I've been visiting different places most weekends but the list of places I want to see isn't getting any shorter. Recent highlights have been Stonehenge (only because it was with 2 of my good friends from Aus), Winchester (very beautiful) and the Easter weekend in Wales (driving around, waking up to snow on Easter morning and hiking in a snowstorm). Also, I've been really slack with emails so don't take it personally. As always I look forward to hearing what has been happening at home (or where you are). Andy.

About mrandrew

Selfie by the river

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.