Existing Member?

Wondering and Wandering I graduated. Now what? Do I live the life I never wanted to live? The one where I move to the city, get a job in a corporate cubicle, and slave away 60 hours a week for $40,000 a year? No thanks. How about 5 years down the road when I settle on a girl I don't truly love, buy the car I don't need, have the marriage that won't last, buy the home I can't afford? No thanks. I want to see things, I want to experience life in every way. This is the only life I've got, I might as well make the most of it and do something I won't foget. So here I am, travelling the world one step at a time. Where I'm going is yet to be decided, how long I'm there is up in the air, but one thing's for sure. Whatever I do, where ever I go, I'm going to be living. You can count on that.

Pipe vs. my head...pipe won

GERMANY | Wednesday, 30 May 2007 | Views [991] | Comments [8]

So I may as well tell the world since my wonderful mother is doing it anyway...and laughing about it. So yesterday we were in Strubensee (where they have their second house) and it started raining really hard. It so happens that they are doing work on their house and had some scaffolding put up yesterday morning before I got there (I drove on the Autobahn by myself). Anyway, the rain started coming down hard and I ran around the side of the house, up the stairs, and slammed headfirst into the first level of scaffolding, which knocked my ass down the stairs on my back and left me out cold for a few seconds. As I lay there drowning in the rain I thought "Wheres a camera when you need one?". That could have made me some money. Needless to say, I had a nice bruise on my forhead and a lump to match it. Stupid ass, I know. Ryan, Brian, JC, thanks for the call last night, sorry I didnt answer, the message was better than any conversation could have been. Not a lot else to report on, I will mention if I knock myself out again.

Tags: Doctors, hospitals & health

Comments

1

Hey, I only told Doug and Ryan. However, I did giggle a bit. Send a photo when you can.

Driving on the autobahn, meeting the scaffolding - yesterday was just chock full of new experiences for you! That is what this adventure is all about (still think you should have gone to the ER, but that is a mom for you)

I know you are sore and hope your head stops hurting soon.

XOXOXOXOX,
Mom

  Diana May 30, 2007 10:10 PM

2

Oh heavens, its genetic!! The running into things and falling downstairs I mean.
I am happy that you weren't seriously hurt. But 1/4 of you is Flynn, (our heads are as hard as a rock) so you had an edge over that pipe.
Wow, driving on the Autobahn! I know you enjoyed being behind the wheel again.
Looking forward to more exciting posts. No more injuries please.
Love,GM

  Grandmother May 30, 2007 10:56 PM

3

you complete me

"Man there are a lot of people here tonight..."

"yeah...well it is $9 beer night so...."

  Colby May 31, 2007 2:03 AM

4

Yeah, I told the guys, then we started drinking more and more and decided it would be a good time to call you since it was 10am your time. Hope you feel better and the lump goes away soon. Not really a laughing matter but at the same time it is. talk to you soon.
Ryan

  Ryan Shanley May 31, 2007 3:43 AM

5

Oh, dear. This is what you get for being around kids so long, you start running around everywhere without seeing where you're going. I'm glad you didn't break your neck, and I hope you don't have a concussion. Try not to go faster than 90 on the autobahn until you get well again. I start work soon, and I'm pretty excited. I'd love to hear from you soon.
Slow down, love.

  Jessica May 31, 2007 7:41 AM

6

Just so you know, your mother did tell me too.
Hope you feel better.
Add me to the list of "grown-ups" who isn't the slightest bit sure what the next 5 years will hold. Just when you think you have it all under "control" something happens. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and watch out for scaffolding!
Loves.

  joyce Jun 1, 2007 12:59 AM

7

Is the pipe okay????

  Doug Jun 2, 2007 2:07 AM

8

OK, at the time she wrote the above comment, maybe your Mother had only told Doug and Ryan. But, since then, she not only told me and Joyce, but several other people too. And I'm not sure you even know the people she told! And that's only the storytelling when I was present! Imagine how many people she told when I wasn't around. I wish there was a video. Since you've recovered, can I just say, yeah, it IS funny?

Also, I'm trying to figure out how your driving on the autobahn would be any different than your driving here?

I have to go make pretty flowers now.

  Jackie Jun 16, 2007 4:26 AM

About mradventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.