Existing Member?

Wondering and Wandering I graduated. Now what? Do I live the life I never wanted to live? The one where I move to the city, get a job in a corporate cubicle, and slave away 60 hours a week for $40,000 a year? No thanks. How about 5 years down the road when I settle on a girl I don't truly love, buy the car I don't need, have the marriage that won't last, buy the home I can't afford? No thanks. I want to see things, I want to experience life in every way. This is the only life I've got, I might as well make the most of it and do something I won't foget. So here I am, travelling the world one step at a time. Where I'm going is yet to be decided, how long I'm there is up in the air, but one thing's for sure. Whatever I do, where ever I go, I'm going to be living. You can count on that.

Mountain climbing/ Hill walking in Wales

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 15 April 2007 | Views [1073] | Comments [9]

Today, Marion decided I should take the day off and go walking with her. She told me after gardening yesterday, "I guess Texans give 110%" Hell yeah they do! I've been bustin my ass pulling weeds and mending fences. I'm finally understanding hardwork. Anyway, today we walked from some place in Wales that I can neither pronounce or spell to Llanthony where they have the most amazing 12th century ruined church surrounded by horses, stables, mountains, and green pastures. I will get photos up eventually. It was about a 10 mile walk up to about 1200 meters on Offa's Dyke Path. Check it out online and you will see how beautiful is it. It was an interesting day with Welsh ponies, almost getting lost but my map reading skills coming through, and a run in with 3 bulls that were on our path and didn't want to move. It was also quite fun drinking a pint of cider in a priory that is a few hundred years old. Needless to say, I'm exhausted so I'm going to bed soon. Goodnight. Oh yeah, I turn 23 in 15 days if anyone is interested. I'm actually not really that interested.

Tags: Mountains

Comments

1

Whew! Next time grab one of those ponies and ride for a while. It is a beautiful place (I looked up some photos). Glad you had time to post.
XOXOXO
Mom

  Diana Apr 16, 2007 8:23 AM

2

Old man. 23. My, my, where did the years go? Hey! I'm posting before Evelyn. All the hard work & walking you've been doing - must be buff, huh? (Is that the right word?) Oh wait, I forgot about the alcohol ... never mind.

BTW, Rob's lyrics were appropriate, but I'm (just a little) older than him. I had in mind:

Don't look back, a new day is breakin'
It's been too long since I felt this way
I don't mind where I get taken
The road is callin', today is the day

xxoo and all that,
J

  Jackie Apr 16, 2007 11:51 AM

3

Ah Alex, you are getting to have the most wonderful experiences . Just think of the tales you will have to tell when you are my age,( not that I am OLD 0f course)
I am so happy that you are enjoying life as it happens
and not waiting for The "Big Moment"
I love you Grandson, always know that
GM

  Grandmother Apr 16, 2007 12:28 PM

4

I wish I could be there to celebrate your birthday with you. Make sure to make it classy... 23 demands it I think. Enjoy all the hard work, and don't forget to keep smiling, it seems to make everything a little sweeter. I'll have to e-mail you about the seance my friends and I had here... it was interesting. :)
Thinking of you

  Jessica Apr 16, 2007 2:49 PM

5

Bello :-)

Sorry i didn't write much lately in your blog, but i do read it all the time. Man, you had some rough times there, but i'm glad you're back into force and enjoying your time. I'm sure you will find your way out...just keep strong!

You going to be 23?! :-) No way, can't believe it, hihi :-))) Enjoy your time with your mom and grandma!

See u soon,

-K

  Katja Smirnov Apr 18, 2007 2:54 AM

6

hey sweetie! i miss u like crazi! well hm i supose by reading this that u are having a blast/hard work? lol well i am glad but one day after i graduate(in 2 years) i am goin to come see u! well have fun my dear i shall write u more later! love you hunny bunny!! lol bye.

<3 Macey

  Macey Moats Apr 18, 2007 9:23 AM

7

And I always thought you were allergic to hard work!!! Glad things are better. Mom and GM are very excited. I'm gonna play a lot of poker. Hope you have a great time. Love
doug

  Doug Apr 18, 2007 11:56 PM

8

ALEX, hey buddy. figured I would finally make my first comment here. I try to keep up with your entries whenever I get to the internet, and im up all night writing what should be my last paper before I graduate so I figured I'd proacrastonate one last time. Turned 23 on Saturday and its not exciting at all except for an excuse to drink. I hope your enjoying everything, sounds like your living life and thats great. Miss ya out here in Texas, hopefully see ya soon bud

  David Apr 19, 2007 12:18 PM

9

Slan, Alex!

I'm so sorry about the au pair job, but you must know the old saying to the 'effect of the only thing separating England and America is a common language'. Something will come along, and you are coming back to the Land of Ire, where the construction business is in full bloom right now . . . nudge, nudge, wink, wink . . .

We are really looking forward to seeing you next week and meeting your mother and grandmother! If you get a chance, do let me know what your itinerary is about your own return to Co Kerry. You know you that you are welcome here.

The excellent weather here has returned to its normal shade of grey, but with four Texans in Listowel next week, perhaps we can kick up some sunshine.

See you soon,

Caitlin

  Caitlin Apr 22, 2007 8:31 PM

About mradventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.