Existing Member?

Wondering and Wandering I graduated. Now what? Do I live the life I never wanted to live? The one where I move to the city, get a job in a corporate cubicle, and slave away 60 hours a week for $40,000 a year? No thanks. How about 5 years down the road when I settle on a girl I don't truly love, buy the car I don't need, have the marriage that won't last, buy the home I can't afford? No thanks. I want to see things, I want to experience life in every way. This is the only life I've got, I might as well make the most of it and do something I won't foget. So here I am, travelling the world one step at a time. Where I'm going is yet to be decided, how long I'm there is up in the air, but one thing's for sure. Whatever I do, where ever I go, I'm going to be living. You can count on that.

Sorry for my delay

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 3 May 2007 | Views [1304] | Comments [8]

Ok, I know it's been a while and I should have a lot to write down but I think the highlights would be appropriate. In order, Waterford Crystal factory...cool if you're old, a woman, or gay. It wasn't that bad, maybe I'm getting old or gay or a woman. Rock of Cashel...awesome. Definately a must see when in Ireland. A very inspiring place if you enjoy history. Cork...know where you're going, especially if your hotel is on a hillside hidden by houses and the directions are shit. Blarney...if you're in Ireland, you gotta do the tourist thing and kiss the damn rock. I slobbered a little, remember that. Cahir castle...eh. Met up with Ed and Caitlin...always guaranteed to be an interesting experience. Dublin...cool city, highly reccommended. Book of Kells in Dublin... cool enough I guess. Jameson distillery at 10 am...very nice if you volunteer to be a tester of different whiskeys/whiskys. Stonehenge and a haunted hotel...a must the night before your birthday. I spent it in the bar being bought 6 different scotches by 3 Scottish ex sailors. Stratford upon Avon...awesome city, cool canals that I took a boat tour of, cool even if you don't like or understand ol Bill Shakes. Bath...amazing city, the Roman baths are a wonderful place to relax (not in the baths) and learn some history. Happens to have been a temple to Minerva (my fraternities patron goddess). Tintern Abby...written about by Wadsworth, still haven't read the poem. Last but definately not least...Goodrich Castle...best castle so far. Will post pictures once I'm not dealing with dial up internet. News about me...turned 23 in England...feels the same, have had 2 emails concerning interest in me working as another au-pair. Hope one of these work out. I'm still at Marions because she's allowing me to stay as long as I need. I hope that one day I could be as generous as she has been. I love ya all and miss Sonic burgers. Thanks for your continued support.

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

Odd, I also recently went to these same places . . .

Mom

  Diana May 4, 2007 10:58 AM

2

keep on keeping on! more details on the haunted hotel!

  JC May 4, 2007 11:45 AM

3

JEEBUS!! So you've been all over recently? You gotta start giving out more details...

  Meagan May 4, 2007 1:24 PM

4

Happy Belated Birthday!! Sure was getting worried about you. Well if you ever find your way back to Ola I'll buy you a gas station meal--sorry no sonics here. Good luck on finding a au-pair job.

  Aunt Missy May 4, 2007 1:34 PM

5

I'm jealous, I wish I could have been there, but some day I'm sure I will. Best wishes on you getting another au-pair job, hope you don't end up having to come home for the summer because I would be inconsolably disappointed. :)
Love

  Jessica May 4, 2007 3:19 PM

6

Glad all is well. Yes, we could do with more detailed info. on sites and you. A few pics of ..you.. would be well worth the price of viewing your site. Hope you had lots of fun with your mom and grandmother. Have you felt like it's been a vacation yet or does it yet feel like drudgery, your stay so far? Miss your voice, call me os send me your phone number via e-mail and I'll call. Love you.
MePAWU,
DAD

  Dad May 4, 2007 9:27 PM

7

A very tired old lady says... didn't I do all that as well? Any way, you missed one, Trim Castle. It was early on so you may have forgotten. Oops, I think there as an Abby in Ireland that second day as well. Never mind the company was all that mattered.
Ok now that I have rested a day I am off to AR. I will show MY PICTURES to all. That is a very broad hint Grandson.
Love you even though you look like a Viking at the moment.GM

  Grandmother May 4, 2007 10:36 PM

8

Happy B-day!

Well, this IS awkward. I got you a couple of Waterford Crystal items. Oh well, I guess they'll go to my brother. Apparently, he'll appreciate them?

Keep the posts up and going....I sure do like checking in on you. Sure am glad those ex-sailors treated you right on your birthday. You must have told them that you're a huge Sean Connery fan and that Sheena Easton and the Bay City Rollers are your favorite musical artists.

Good luck with the job search. Is there a whiskey- taster position open? Silly me, I'm sure you've already given them your resume'.

So one thing I'm curious about. I know you had the one run-in at the pub.......but how are attitudes generally with regard to Yanks? Have you noticed regional attitudes?

By the way, I hung out with Doug last weekend. We found where you used to keep your "magazines". You dirty little monkey.

  Rob May 5, 2007 3:31 AM

About mradventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.