Existing Member?

Wondering and Wandering I graduated. Now what? Do I live the life I never wanted to live? The one where I move to the city, get a job in a corporate cubicle, and slave away 60 hours a week for $40,000 a year? No thanks. How about 5 years down the road when I settle on a girl I don't truly love, buy the car I don't need, have the marriage that won't last, buy the home I can't afford? No thanks. I want to see things, I want to experience life in every way. This is the only life I've got, I might as well make the most of it and do something I won't foget. So here I am, travelling the world one step at a time. Where I'm going is yet to be decided, how long I'm there is up in the air, but one thing's for sure. Whatever I do, where ever I go, I'm going to be living. You can count on that.

barfight

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 9 April 2007 | Views [459] | Comments [6]

Ok ladies and gents. here is proof of my progress. Tongight, I managed, although intoxicated, to step away from a barfight and go home. I did this with no prodding from my friends. I simply said, ok, and walked 1.5 miles in the dark, drunk on JD home. Here's what happened...I was sittin at the bar, mindin my own business when some wanker spilt his beer on me. I said "hey man, be more careful next time" his friend told me to shut it. I told him that where I come from people apologized if they spilt an entire beer on someone. He then told me, "We're not where you're from" I said "really? I never would have guessed" He then said that if I had a problem we could "fix it" I said "an apology would fix it" he then said "you're not getting an apology". That's when I said "ok" finished my JD and walked home. That my friends is growing up. If I were at home and had friends with me it would have escalated I'm sure but no, I was the bigger man and walked home with wet pants. Now I'm sure those english assmunchers think Texans are a bunch of pansy assed bullshitters. Whatever, I stopped myself from getting my ass kicked. Your comments?

Tags: Adrenaline

Comments

1

you wouldnt have got your ass kicked, its not how texans roll!

  JC Apr 10, 2007 8:27 AM

2

Thanks for walking away. If JC, Brian, Colby, Ryan, etc had been there, story COULD have been different. Thanks for using the brain as it was made to be used as NOT as a battering ram.
"Non-violence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man."
Mohandas (Mahatma) Gandhi

  diana Apr 10, 2007 9:21 AM

3

Alex I am so proud of you. Leaving the pub was showing the greatest of common sense. Those Brits would love to have used you as a punching bag. I bet you could hear GF telling you what to do. He is watching out for you, you know that don't you?
My prayers are always with you. I love you and will see you in two weeks.
GM

  Grandmother Apr 10, 2007 10:04 AM

4

Rule #1: Don't fight when you're out numbered.

  Jackie Apr 11, 2007 9:21 AM

5

Rule #2: Don't fight when you drunk, or you'll probably wake up in a dumpster, if you wake up at all.

<3

  Jessica Apr 12, 2007 9:57 AM

6

Rule #3 - see rules 1 and 2.

If that doesn't work, try this:

"Listen you two spawn of a sheep and common whore, if it weren't for my country you'd be goose-stepping your way to a German speaking beer hall to drink skunk beer and schnapps."

ummm, ok, don't do that, either.

You did the right thing. There is a time and place for everything. That wasn't the time nor the place.

I'm glad you're taking care of yourself and using your head. It may sting a little bit that you left but those guys are probably locals - which means that not only did they have numbers on you, they most likely would have gotten away with much worse.

A-holes are everywhere, eh?

  rob Apr 14, 2007 1:03 AM

About mradventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.