Existing Member?

Wondering and Wandering I graduated. Now what? Do I live the life I never wanted to live? The one where I move to the city, get a job in a corporate cubicle, and slave away 60 hours a week for $40,000 a year? No thanks. How about 5 years down the road when I settle on a girl I don't truly love, buy the car I don't need, have the marriage that won't last, buy the home I can't afford? No thanks. I want to see things, I want to experience life in every way. This is the only life I've got, I might as well make the most of it and do something I won't foget. So here I am, travelling the world one step at a time. Where I'm going is yet to be decided, how long I'm there is up in the air, but one thing's for sure. Whatever I do, where ever I go, I'm going to be living. You can count on that.

My first day off

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 25 February 2007 | Views [768] | Comments [9]

Ahh, a day without children. I spent the entire day doing whatever I wanted, not being bossed around by an 18 month old and a 3 year old. Let me tell you, they are the boss around here. I decided to do something interesting and take a walk so I walked to Garway and to the Church of the Knights Templar (if you don't know who they are, read a book and learn some history). Here's a website if you're interested... http://www.britannia.com/history/herefords/churches/garway.html. I had a fantastic time, took some stellar pictures and realized that I was standing on stones where Knights Templar once stood, I was standing inside history. I was covered with it, I could feel it around me. It was definately an awe inspiring feeling. This is 2 miles from where I'm living. 2 miles from history dating back to the 12th century. Time for random thoughts....maybe I should go back to school and get a degree in something I am really interested in. I was thinking history and maybe archeology. Yeah mom, I know, a real life Indiana Jones. I can dream right? Well kids, I'm gonna go play a week of catch up and do some writing in my journal. Word up.

Tags: Culture

Comments

1

Alex love, I am so happy to know you are doing something that will have a life altering effect on you. Not the day to day "with the kids" stuff, (that can get old in a hurry) but just like you encountered on your outing today. Isn't it grand to be in such a historic spot? Can't wait to be there with you.
I love you and miss you soooo much.I wouldn't change a minute of your adventure though.
GM

  Grandmother Feb 26, 2007 10:17 AM

2

The world is your oyster, Indy - find the pearl.

Find your passion or passions (be like your mom and have many passions, thus a bit like a 3 year old who needs constant entertainment - it is a bit genetic). This is YOUR time, so cloak yourself in history and kick around old dusty rocks. Fill your soul will the joy that comes from musty, dank architecture and solitary, carved stones.

"Is not life a hundred times too short for us to bore ourselves?" — Friedrich Nietzsche

Love, Mom

  Diana Feb 26, 2007 10:54 AM

3

Needn't climb on the degree train to feed a passion to learn - just learn. Coming from a place where our century old house is ancient, does it not just fill you with awe, just considering who and how many have walked before. Norman Britain is awesome for it's heritage of places still standing - now go explore the Saxon or Roman Britain - their shades are still there, you just have to find them.

  Old Wizened Goat Feb 26, 2007 11:03 PM

4

Alex,

Knights and dungeons and "dragons"...it does inspire. Makes you want to get into sword play or a jousting tournament doesn't it? How envious I am right now. Stay fresh with the adventure (the kids) and the great adventure (Europe) and I can see you having even greater times. I love and miss you . Me PAW U.
Dad

  Dad Feb 27, 2007 12:05 AM

5

Hey man,

I miss chopping wood - very therapeutic. I'm proud of you. Take care of you. By the way.... I grilled some awesome steaks last night. Big, thick, and juicy. HaHa Miss you.

Doug

  Doug Feb 27, 2007 2:02 AM

6

dude if you go back to school and become indiana jones, you will need to make sure squeak is available to be your shortround for your journeys.. miss you man, denton isnt the same!

  JC Feb 27, 2007 7:34 AM

7

Bello, congrats on getting a job :-) I told you, Europeans are amazing and will open their arms for you as long as you are fun and nice, haha :-)))

So, i am off to Italia on May 25th...you should come to meet with me :-)) Imagine, not the US, but Italia where we both speak the language and understand the beauty of those hot-blooded peeps! :-))))

Miss talking to you. Keep safe and stay great!

Besotes,
Katja

  Katja Mar 3, 2007 6:00 AM

8

We Miss You :) Glad you are finally starting to actually feel amazed with what you are doing. Cheers!

<3Aimee

  Aimee Mar 7, 2007 12:09 AM

9

Hey Alex - wonderful photos of your life. OMG! Has anyone told you the hair on your face is thinning? The kids are adorable, and I've always wondered what God looks like. Glad you got the shot. Fantasy baseball leagues are now forming. Interested? Miss you. Jackie

  Jackie Mar 9, 2007 3:07 PM

About mradventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.