Existing Member?

Wondering and Wandering I graduated. Now what? Do I live the life I never wanted to live? The one where I move to the city, get a job in a corporate cubicle, and slave away 60 hours a week for $40,000 a year? No thanks. How about 5 years down the road when I settle on a girl I don't truly love, buy the car I don't need, have the marriage that won't last, buy the home I can't afford? No thanks. I want to see things, I want to experience life in every way. This is the only life I've got, I might as well make the most of it and do something I won't foget. So here I am, travelling the world one step at a time. Where I'm going is yet to be decided, how long I'm there is up in the air, but one thing's for sure. Whatever I do, where ever I go, I'm going to be living. You can count on that.

The joys of nap time

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 10 March 2007 | Views [616] | Comments [7]

When or if you ever have, had, or will have children, it's key to understand that nap time is the most important part of your day. This is not time for you to sleep, it's time for you to gather your wits, realize that they're just children, they won't kill you, and you don't need perscription drugs or alcohol to deal with them. This is the time of day that I pick up toys, the party streamers they dug out of some closet and wrapped the living room with, do the dishes, and have a nice cup of tea while listening to Elvis...(Elvis? Yes, It's my soundtrack today). I'm never having children, their poo smells worse than mine, they cry sometimes for no reason, and I am constantly changing their clothes. Yay birth control! I've got new pictures up so please look at them and tell me how talented I am and that I have a future in photography. I'm going to the pub tomorrow, its my third weekend off and I met a girl at the cell phone store, hopefully she will join me. I think on Sunday I'm going to walk to another castle. Speaking of castles, I went to Wales yesterday...whoo hoo Wales. I do have to say they have better castles than the Irish. I've got pictures that I will post eventually. I've noticed that when I'm with the kids and trying to keep them entertained I dance a lot. I'm gonna bring back some new moves. As they say, keep on keepin on, slow your roll, stop and smell the roses, don't pet a burning puppy, and NEVER eat yellow snow. (Those last two belong to Doug Elrod and Co.) Peace and Love (I'm in a hippy house remember)

Tags: Culture

Comments

1

Oh heavens Alex, does that mean I will not ever be a great grandmother? Please give that more thought,-not necessarily to be accomplished in the near future, but maybe before I expire, in say, 20 years or so.

I am happy to know you are happy. You are gaining more experience in real life than most people your age. And yes I am proud of you.

Love GM

  grandmother Mar 10, 2007 3:05 AM

2

Wow! Some people never get it that they are just kids and they won't kill you. Don't ever wonder why I made you nap until you were 12 years old (just kidding to all of his friends out there - I let him stop when he was 10). Rob, are you out there? I knew you were a huge influence on Al. Elvis is the KING!
mom

  Diana Mar 10, 2007 4:22 AM

3

Well I guess you figured out why day care was invented and why so many of our children were raised there while we went to sane jobs. Raising children is hard work! Your time off sounds wonderful tho. Looking forward to the photos. Love, J

  Jackie Mar 10, 2007 10:00 AM

4

"I'm never having children...."

Never is a mighty long time. Besides you will never know what you missed until you have a little guy snuggle under your arm.


Re: Castles - Get down to Tintagle, not exactly walking distance, but not that horribly far away.

  Old Wizened Goat Mar 10, 2007 12:38 PM

5

I had to learn the burning puppy lesson the hard way. :)

  Jessica Mar 11, 2007 3:19 PM

6

Hey Al,

Kids are great, even your own. Look for the joy in the little victories. Thank you's, giggles, huigs and pecks on the check. Dream of thick juicy steaks or onion smothered hamburger steaks. Keep taking those great walks through time. Make sure to post a picture of that grand mountain in WaleA. And make sure you take your pole while kiyaking the Wye. If you get time download the tune "Big Rock Candy Mountain," your sister loved singing and dancing to that. Love you lots. Me PAW U.
Dad

  Dad Mar 12, 2007 11:19 PM

7

Keep on crankin' The King! Let those kids know early that a vegetarian lifestyle can be dangerous. Look what peanut butter and banana sandwiches did for Elvis. Or maybe it was the ludes.

So you're dancing for the kids? Have you taught them the 'white man over-bite' yet?

And what happened with the cell phone store chica? If it didn't pan out.......she's a poster girl. That's right, a great big, free clinic poster girl.

Gotta run, Alex. I've really enjoyed your postings. I would tell you that I'm all proud of you and stuff but you're going to get (even more) cocky. So, how 'bout this....you rock.

Rob has left the building.

  Rob Mar 17, 2007 2:24 AM

About mradventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.