Existing Member?

Wondering and Wandering I graduated. Now what? Do I live the life I never wanted to live? The one where I move to the city, get a job in a corporate cubicle, and slave away 60 hours a week for $40,000 a year? No thanks. How about 5 years down the road when I settle on a girl I don't truly love, buy the car I don't need, have the marriage that won't last, buy the home I can't afford? No thanks. I want to see things, I want to experience life in every way. This is the only life I've got, I might as well make the most of it and do something I won't foget. So here I am, travelling the world one step at a time. Where I'm going is yet to be decided, how long I'm there is up in the air, but one thing's for sure. Whatever I do, where ever I go, I'm going to be living. You can count on that.

FYI

IRELAND | Tuesday, 13 February 2007 | Views [730] | Comments [6]

I'm better now, and it's near impossible to find a job here without a visa, you can't get a visa without already having a job. Thanks George W for making this so easy for us. I'm going to be in Galway til Friday or Saturday, then I am off to Dublin. I applied for a few bartending jobs in Galway yesterday, not sure how that will pan out. I also applied for a few jobs online today in Dublin. I also applied for a job at the Univerisity of Ireland Galway in the Geography Department working with GIS. Yeah I know, I hate GIS right? Whatever, it's a job. Lets see if the guy actually responds. Well my time is almost up on the computer. Take care.

Tags: Budgets & money

Comments

1

Alex, as I sit here at 9:30 AM I know it is 3:30 PM there. You are on my mind at all hours. Just know that every thought is accompanied by a prayer for your well-being.
I miss our weekly dinners. However I am so proud of you and of your spirit of adventure. GF is looking down with his characteristic grin I am sure.
Be well,enjoy each day,and stay as sweet as you have always been.
Love,GM

  Grandmother Feb 14, 2007 2:43 AM

2

Crossing my fingers about a job. Good thing you completed the resume before you left. Something will turn up eventually. Deb came by and made it so you can stay a little longer! At least another week in a hostel. Michael K. says hey. Glad you are better and that you are not "stuck in a moment". Our big conference is in a few days - wish you were here (an not just to schlep stuff for me). Love you. Mom

  Diana Feb 14, 2007 3:54 AM

3

Glad you're not sick anymore, I know how hard to kick that crap when you're in a comfortable place, it must be 20x harder when you're in a different country. Good Luck on all the job searching, something will turn up, or at least point you in the right direction. Every day an adventure, right? Miss you.

  Jessica Feb 14, 2007 5:12 AM

4

Glad you're feeling better. I guess storytelling for a living has already been done in Ireland, huh? Happy Valentine's Day. I'm going to have the best VD ever - Stars-Red Wings game! Woohoo! Go Stars.

I know you miss me : )
Love, J

  Jackie Feb 14, 2007 11:46 AM

5

Hey the Alex finally recieved youre address sounds like you had a rough time there at the start with a bug But lookslike you pulled through it just fine by the looks of youre pics lol.Looks like a wonderful adventure for you ,remember to get with me when you get close to where my friends live they said they would love for you to come stay with them as long as you need to(remember they stayed with me for 4 months lol) love you and take care Auntie T

  Auntie T Feb 15, 2007 4:39 PM

6

ALEX, I MISS YOU...BELLO!!!

Get closer to Italia by June and let's meet! Hope your V-Day was great, mine wasn't since i was sick with a cold, plus i am single for that matter :-) That's not the point though...i was thinking of you today and thought i'll check your page for updates...but no news yet :(

Ciao bello! Baci...MISS your phone calls sooooo much!

  Katja Feb 16, 2007 3:10 PM

About mradventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.