Existing Member?

Wondering and Wandering I graduated. Now what? Do I live the life I never wanted to live? The one where I move to the city, get a job in a corporate cubicle, and slave away 60 hours a week for $40,000 a year? No thanks. How about 5 years down the road when I settle on a girl I don't truly love, buy the car I don't need, have the marriage that won't last, buy the home I can't afford? No thanks. I want to see things, I want to experience life in every way. This is the only life I've got, I might as well make the most of it and do something I won't foget. So here I am, travelling the world one step at a time. Where I'm going is yet to be decided, how long I'm there is up in the air, but one thing's for sure. Whatever I do, where ever I go, I'm going to be living. You can count on that.

About to leave for Dublin

IRELAND | Saturday, 17 February 2007 | Views [601] | Comments [2]

So I met up with another couchsurfer, a Finnish girl, very pretty. I'm not gonna be stupid like I was the last time, no worries. We went to the Cliffs of Moher, the whole reason I came to Ireland, and go figure, my camera is broken. Yeah I know, again. Thats what you get for $400. I really like the camera I just wish it would stop breaking down on me. I took a few crap photos with my phone which I will post later. I bought a cheap Fuji digital to snap some quick photos until I figure out what to do. We are about to leave for Dublin for a couchsurfers meet and greet and then I may be moving on to England. Marianne (the finn) suggested that I try out the whole AuPair thing so I created a profile and got a response all in about 2 hours. There is an artist couple who I am supposed to contact today. They would be paying me about $400 US per week, with no living expenses. I would be taking care of a 1 year old boy and a 3 year old girl. I think I could handle it, no problem. We will see how it works out.Hope all is well with my friends and family. Much love. By the way, as of today....1 month.

Tags: Work

Comments

1

You are a natural AuPair. I hope you like Dublin. I think you'll find it very different from the Ireland you've seen so far. If you run into The Edge and/or Bono in Temple Bar, you be sure to ... oh, wait, this is a public post ... ok, never mind, you know what to do.

Thinking of you with envy.
J

  Jackie Feb 18, 2007 1:52 AM

2

UMMMMM, are they really going to let you work with kids???? :shudder: Must be the crazy artistic types eh? Hehehe I kid. Good for you, love!

<3Aimee

  Aimee Feb 23, 2007 5:20 AM

About mradventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.