Existing Member?

Family Travels Notes on the Morter family 4 and our travels around Europe and Morocco!

Mother's Homeland - Germany - Munich arrival

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 24 August 2008 | Views [544]

We caught a fabulous train from Paris to Munich or Munchen as its called here.  Hardly noticed the 6 hour trip with books, colouring in books and portable dvd player to keep us occupied.  Seems like weve been away a month but only a week today, as weve fit so much in.  Youll have to forgive the lack of punctuation as am using a German keyboard and cant find half the keys.  Ive finally committed a travel wrong and made the family get off the train in Munich Pasing which is one stop ahead of the main station Munich HBF.  So were stranded for half an hour or so with Chrissy and Axel waiting for us at the next station.  bugger.  was doing so well so far.  Am only human I spose.  Have been picked up and looked after so well here.  Are staying in a beautiful house in surburban Munich with 3 stories of fun for the girls.  Tim and Tina are Axels best friends and a young couple who are lovely.  We arrived to a feast last night with every german food possible and gourged on wiener wurstchens, bbq fish and swine, kartoffle, the best bread, fleishsalad, etc etc. needless to say wines too!  Have our own bedroom with beautiful views to gardens.  Everything so green and lush here.  Sun is out and were in the garden reading and girls playing in the grass.  They are spoilt and loving it.  Off to the famous fairytale castle tomorrow.  cannot even begin to try and spell it!  B will go to Dachau and hopefully forget the porsche for hire as its about $180 for the day!  Am probably up about 3 kilos already so have to do a radical diet change.  Too hard here tho, the food is soooo divine.  Off to Axels dads house for bbq this arvo so will get fed again.  This is all good for the budget with Paris costing us so much!  They are so lovely and generous.  Well have to stock up their fridges and so on later in the week to make up.  I will add some photos when I can figure that out later.

signing out xxxx

About morter_family


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.