Existing Member?

Footprints and Sailing

Day 5 - Flight of the Gibbon

THAILAND | Wednesday, 6 July 2011 | Views [197]

5 of us got picked up at 6.30am for our trip flying through the trees on zip lines like monkeys....stopped off for a snackette (hangover cures) en route which took about 50 minutes. In our group were 2 american cousins and 2 young lads from Holland - who backed out at the last minute because one was sick (lightweights)! We were kitted up with helmets and all the safety gear and our guides - Mr Cash and Anand led us to the first wires......Mr Cash turned out to be a very entertaining young man - probably because he was still drunk from drinking too much whisky - his breath was honkin' - plus we were convinced he was 'snorting' something on the way round!He was responsible for making sure we were securely fixed on to the zip lines! Our other guide, Anand spoke very little English and he had the job of trying to catch us at the other end - poor man got flattened by Kirsty on a vertical descent and totally wiped out by Joyce as she sped her way across on one of the wires! We did give him a good tip as a perseverence bonus!! He took it all in his stride! It was a brilliant experience and the two American girls were good fun too - they liked the term , 'Is it beer o'clock yet?' We were given a nice Thai lunch then it was back to Chiang Mai. The afternoon was spent round the pool - lots of young students lounging about too! We all went for a massage before eating in the Irish pub along the road...........The evening activities involved us finding a reggae bar and partaking in a few cocktails before heading back to the dodgy end of town............it was quiet there but we were impressed with the glasses we got - lots of little pictures of two people in odd looking positions(say no more)!!! We decided to ditch the gogo bar and go back to the reggae place and finished off the night with a kebab!! Roll on day 5 - a rest day??? haha...

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.