Existing Member?

Footprints and Sailing

day 4 - arrive in Chiang Mai

THAILAND | Wednesday, 6 July 2011 | Views [354] | Comments [1]

After arriving 3 hours earlier than expected, we took a tuk tuk ride round the old part of the city - at 6.30am - no car fumes to inhale! The driver whisked us round, slowing down at a few temples and castle walls - gave us some info on them - of which we didn't understand a thing!! Then eventually found our accommodation - MD house - still to early to check in - so we sat outside and got breakfast at 7.30 am! We got into our rooms and duly crashed out until 2pm! We explored the immediate vacinity - lots of little shops and pubs, cafes etc.....stopped for a wee beer at the side of the road........then another at an Irish pub...........Y got shoes made for her - all measured up for new sandals to be ready in a couple of days - elves and shoemakers eat yer heart out! We met up with Cat, Amanda and happened upon Mairead(an ex SRS teachee on hols here) thereafter it was onwards to the Thai boxing and more beer! The boxing was entertaining but the lady boys were even more entertaining - watching them pick up unsuspecting men - Hilarious! We got birds eye view seats and they were very friendly towards us - even had a wee YMCA dance with them(J - that is) as they lured in their prey!! A great night had by all - topped off with 5 of us in a Tuk tuk back to MD house (tuk tuks should only take 3 at a push)!!! Tomorrow is the flight of the gibbon day - being collected at 6.30am...

Comments

1

May I ask where your friend got her sandals made? I am coming up to Chiang mai soon and am trying to find a shoemaker.

Thank you very much!

  Ava Jul 12, 2011 4:34 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.