Existing Member?

Where in the World is Missy? Where in the World is missy??? and what the hell is she on about???

Italy as i know it

ITALY | Monday, 21 May 2007 | Views [746] | Comments [1]

Ok first time that I have updated this web site in a long time. So much to tell but ill try to keep it short as I can.

Noli - arrived into Rome then flew to Genoa from there we got into Fabio’s car and drove about 140km down the highway and winding roads to noli. Noli is beautiful small town right on the beach and winding roads, it is beautiful. Got to my room, a small room with 2 single beds above the waist in height. No sink no mirror just a room. The loo next to the room and a shower next to that, hot water was a problem. I could not open my windows for the simple fact that someone may think that I actually lived there.

When I got past the initial shock of the room and the lack of fresh air and sunlight I went exploring with Stacy. Stacey is the other girl that was hired to be a nanny for the 3 girls. We went to surrounding towns and places around about 50km each way of noli, the locals do not speak any English and most of the areas are very family run business. The streets are narrow and very old pavement. The family was hard to work with and I never was fast enough for them ever though I was running my ass off every time I worked. Anyways I said short right...

I made some wonderful friends there mainly 2 people that made my stay there really fantastic., Sarah and Evan. Evan runs a bar and a clothing shop and Sarah works at da ines as a waitress they were fantastic, I think I rubbed off on them with my aussie drinking, because normally Italians buy 1 vino and sit on it for an hour or even all night. So it was a shock to see us all having a good piss up every now and then, I walked allot around the town and to sportono, another small town about 25 mins walk away which had an internet point.  For those of you on my email list you will know that.

Anyway the new update......

I have told the family that it just had not worked out and with out going into to much detail I now have left Noli, the goodbye was not very warming let me tell you. It ended up with my NEW SUNNIES being torn off my face and broken by Carolyn and scratching my beautiful face!!! I didn’t care about that more the fact that my sunnies were new!!! HELLOOO!!!!!!! Anyway I look back on this and will have a chuckle. I was accused of not being Australian and every insult under the sun. And still I managed to keep my cool. how the hell did I do that.... must be st chris around my neck with my star..... Eve and mum will understand that.

I escaped on the train to Genoa for the night, went to the aquarium and then went walking around the city, I met the most amazing couple form America, I actually bumped into them 3 times then again this morning at the train station, they were so lovely and I hope that one day we will cross paths again. Genoa is beautiful place and the people there are fantastic.  Then early on the train this morning to Rome where I have had lunch and now updating you guys on what is going on!!!

Tomorrow I hope to go to the UK embassy and apply for a working visa, I have everything crossed that they will let me apply here and not have to go home seeing I am so close to the UK from here. I will update with photos soon all my love elissa x x x x x

Tags: I should have known better!

Comments

1

Ahhhh Possum......you are reminding me of my time in Italy - and so happy you are experiencing the real Italy finally. You are banking your experiences and making the most of it all - fantastic !

I think all good things in the UK - an donwards and upwards from here.

PS - you will make the best mates - like the Americans - and its people like this we take our life experiences from.

travel safely
Mum xxx

  Janet May 21, 2007 9:17 AM

About missy83

One night in Wagga!!!! too many Vodka lime & Soda!!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.