Existing Member?

People, places, life, as I see it...

My Scholarship Entry 2012 - Life on Old Delhi streets

INDIA | Sunday, 13 January 2013 | Views [334]

I was born in India & I was gifted curious eyes. Colours, patterns, light, shadows, life always appealed to me. I saw beauty & meaning in simple things. Photography became a passion when I started seeing images from all over the world. So, getting my first camera in 2008, there was just no looking back. I shoot with a P&S camera, willing to buy a DSLR since long but am short on budget.

Photography is meditation to me. When I see through the shutter, I'm in that moment. Time stops. I'm a firm believer that it's the eye that makes a photograph. My passion lies in photojournalism. What works is that I've an instant connect with people. I've great desire to travel & document places, people, their lives, joys & struggles. As a storyteller, I wish to create images that'll make people think, reflect & change for better. I specially would love to work for social causes & stray animals.

I'm willing to learn, open to challenges & hard work, ready to do whatever it takes to have a life that'll make a difference, to myself & the world. Even preparing for this contest has taught me a lot. I'm very much confident that with right guidance, I can do wonders. May this be my leap of faith. Thanks.

Monsoon moods - The reflection of the Jama Masjid tomb, along with that of a rickshaw puller, is visible in a shallow pit in an Old Delhi street. Monsoon in India is a time of extremes, joys and hardships both. While the nice weather gives much needed respite from the long hard summer, rains spells doom for people whose life is dependent on the crowd on streets. The tomb is under repair while the rickshaw puller has to wait for passengers, who are in scarcity at this time of year.

Monsoon moods - The reflection of the Jama Masjid tomb, along with that of a rickshaw puller, is visible in a shallow pit in an Old Delhi street. Monsoon in India is a time of extremes, joys and hardships both. While the nice weather gives much needed respite from the long hard summer, rains spells doom for people whose life is dependent on the crowd on streets. The tomb is under repair while the rickshaw puller has to wait for passengers, who are in scarcity at this time of year.

Tags: activity, child labour, hope, life, migrant workers, old delhi streets, smiles, street dogs, struggle, tea break

About mirror


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.