Existing Member?

Sinead and Joey's Adventures This is the Adventure journal of Sinead and Joey, its purpose is to keep family and friends informed on our status in the world. We will be adding details and pictures when we get the chance, so feel free to check back and see where we are this week!

September 20-22

USA | Sunday, 23 September 2007 | Views [464] | Comments [2]

September 20, 21, 22

            Another poo glue day.  We finally finished smoothing down the cob bench at the bus stop and filled in the holes on the class room. It really isn’t that bad until you see the grubs living in it. We started using the woodshop to make some sake glasses. They should turn out pretty nice for our first little wood shop project. Mat dropped off the girls who had stayed for the last few nights and Rachel went with him into Puriscal so we weren’t able to have the next workshop. Mats car got a little banged up in town. He accidentally ran into a car door someone had opened without looking. I didn’t think people actually did that. There isn’t really insurance in this country so they just had to shrug it off.

            Today we had another wood working workshop and a tool sharpening workshop. The tool sharpening was really interesting. It takes a really long time to sharpen tools but there is really an art to it. There is so much equipment that can come with sharpening a chisel too. I designed a front entrance for the house and they are probably going to use it and we might be able to be the ones to build it. That will be great because it will be the first time one of my designs gets put to use. We also made our next batch of ginger beer today, this time with a little pineapple juice. It is really easy to make and ginger bugs can be a substitute for yeast.

            We finally went into Puriscal today. We have to catch the bus at 5:45 in the morning so that’s not too fun but we finally get to put up our blogs and stop by a store, go to a bank. Maybe get some meat today? Haven’t really craved it yet but who knows. we also signed up to take some spanish classes on monday so hopefully that works out well.

Thats it for a couple of weeks.

Tags: Relaxation

Comments

1

hey guys,
i just wanted to say hello and see how everything was going! looks like your getting a lot done, it's great that you guys are doing this! have fun taking those classes...hows the weather? the people? work? anyways, write back when you can! be safe and have fun!
Erin

  Erin Sep 24, 2007 1:31 AM

2

Hi, Just stopped in to say hi. Miss ya lots. Sounds like you are having a great time. Pic's are great.
Sinead give Joey a big hug for me. Take care you two. Lots of love, Mom

  Carol Oct 9, 2007 12:30 AM

About millmanapalm


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.