Existing Member?

Sinead and Joey's Adventures This is the Adventure journal of Sinead and Joey, its purpose is to keep family and friends informed on our status in the world. We will be adding details and pictures when we get the chance, so feel free to check back and see where we are this week!

September 23-28

USA | Saturday, 13 October 2007 | Views [507]

September 23

Me and joey were on brunch, so we made delicious potato latkes and Tom made an authentic Polish egg dish. He has told us how to pronounce it but I doubt we will ever get it. It was really good, like an egg salad fried in an egg shell. We hung out in the class room all day, I fell out of a hammock, joey lost a boomerang. I made homade enchiladas for dinner with homemade tortillas and sauce. Tyler another volunteer who has been here many times arrived tonight.

 

September 24

We started off the day by sealing off the back portch floor. The sealent is an all natural combination of 1 part beeswax to 3 parts linseed oil. There were five of us working on it so it went pretty fast. We had to lay the rags out afterwards because they can naturally combust on their own without constant airflow. Alll natural though! We finally moved into the Hanky. We have an amazing view from the top floor. A lot more bugs though. We had our first Spanish lesson today with a local. He pretty much wrote a bunch of Spanish on the board and told us how to pronounce them. Sinead still cannot roll her r’s.

 

September 25

Another workshop today, Tim and Robin are leaving soon so they are trying to teach us as much as they can before they leave.

 

 September 26

We started our first woodworking project, we are going to make shelves for our new room. We found some great pieces of ceder and we are going to make it look very rustic. We had our next Spanish class today, it is quit a walk but worth it. Timo showed us how to make soap when we got back. It is really easy, but we will probably not make any. It’s a nice idea though. Lost water today so no one could take the shower’s they really needed. Sucked.

 

September 27

Worked on the shelves today, lots of sanding. A few pieces are warped but it will only make it look more rustic. Rustic meaning not very straight. It will be held up by mortis and tenons. We played horseshoes in the afternoon, it hasn’t rained too much lately so we have been able to do fun things in the afternoon.

 

September 28

The big group arrived today so the morning was spent cleaning and baking. It was pretty hectic with 20 people showing up, we had a lot of bread to bake. We made another amazing batch of bagels. Greg said they were the best ones he’s ever had. The group was really nice, just a little geeky. We couldn’t get them to come to the Pulp but we had a great time practicing our dance moves for Saturday night. Frabado Noche

Tags: On the Road

About millmanapalm


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.