Existing Member?

Ramblings of an Addict Tales from my journeys around the World.

Buenos Aires, finally 20 July -

ARGENTINA | Sunday, 22 July 2007 | Views [476]

We Finally Got Here

And it´s a such a nice town, a bit down trodden, you can see people living on the streets and begging, but it still feels safe. After getting to our hotel which was a bit more expensive than planned as the one we were supposed to go to was fully booked and we were too tired and pissed off to look for another one and took the easiest option available.

What the hell, if we are already going over budged we figured out that going for a good dinner was a good idea and spent 140 pesos on huge slabs of grilled beef and exceptional red wine. Sleep came easily.

Day around the town - 21 July

Today our plan was to book us on a buss to Puerto Iguazu for monday, and we managed to do that, 137 pesos each for a 18 hour journey in a luxurious buss. Had some breakfast in a local cafeteria and lunch at a great pizzeria, finnish pizzerias really have a long way to go to reach that level of quality.

Later in the evening we hooked up with a local, a really nice guy called Maximillian who promised to show us the night life in BA when we met on our tour of the airport hotels. We started the night at a small house party his friend was having near Palermo district, and I think I smelled something else than tobacco in the air :) Had some beers, played pool and talked bull for a few hours. Later on we continued to a graduation party of logal gymnastics teachers (I think), so a lot of good looking ladies in their twenties and cheap booze.

The night ended at 6AM when we went for a breakfast before heading back to our hotel for some well deserved sleep. tomorrow we are heading to Iguazu falls which is a 17 hour buss journey.

I´ll follow up with updates and photos later when I have a proper computer in front of me, which I´m not sure will happen soon.

Tags: On the Road

About mikko


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.