Existing Member?

Ramblings of an Addict Tales from my journeys around the World.

Puerto Iguazu and Iguazu Falls 24 July to 25 July

ARGENTINA | Saturday, 28 July 2007 | Views [857] | Comments [2]

I wish they knew...

...that it is possible to set the air conditioning in busses to other positions than ON/OFF, it´s not too fun to do a 18 hour buss journey when you´re either shivering and then 15 minutes later trying to breathe in air that you could cut with a knife. Other than that the buses are great, we travelled in "semi cama" which means that seats recline to almost horizontal, meals are served during the journey, seats are big and comfortable, even a bit better and with more leg room than business class with most aerolines.

Timing is everything, seems like we timed our arrival to Argentina at the same time as their winter holiday season is, now when we arrived to Iguazu Falls the hotels were packed and we were forced to go into a bit overpriced but nice hotel. We checked out the Brazilian side of the falls the day we arrived as it only took a few hours. On the second day we spent about 6 hours wandering around the argentinian side of the falls, taking fotographs and gawping in awe.

The falls have to be the most incredible thing I´ve ever seen in nature, their scope was simply  huge and the power of the biggest fall "devil´s throat" is almost scary when seen from just a few feet away.

Sadly I can´t upload any pictures now as I´m writing this in Asuncion Paraguay with a very slow connection, maybe later.

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

I am curious- How was the mosquito situation at Iguazu falls when you were there?I will be there in 2 weeks and am worried, expecially because I am pregnant and can not use strong repellant.

  mrowen Aug 14, 2007 9:17 PM

2

When we were there we didn´t see a single mosquito, so if it hasn´t warmed up considerably I really doubt that they´ll be a big problem.

I guess you can still take antimalarial drugs, we took them as a precaution even though my doctor told me that we don´t even really need them for that short visit at that this time of the year.

  mikko Aug 15, 2007 7:47 AM

About mikko


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.