Existing Member?

Travels of a wandering Waterboy Journey round Caribbean and Central America in search of a new destination.

Trip over - back in Blighty

NETHERLANDS ANTILLES | Wednesday, 28 September 2016 | Views [269]

Well my escapades in the Caribbean are over for now. I am back in the UK sans luggage, that is still enjoying the sights and sounds of Antigua airport.

I eventually ended up working for El Salvador divers as an instructor for a few months so the idea of bumming around Central America did not really happen. Still I managed to go diving every Sat and Sun and completed a bunch of open water courses and a couple of advanced. All dives were done in Logo Ilopango on the edge of San Salvador.

Ilopango

Ilopango

Two views that make up Lago Ilopango

 

The trip back to Panama was a whole lot easier than the bus ride from hell that I took heading north. This time I went by pland and did it in 3 hours door to door. Overnight in a cheap hotel by the airport and then was off to Sint Maarten.

Stayed back in Vickey's Keys for a few days and just relaxed and visited the local bar. Had an interesting trip from airport to the hostel as Julien, a talented architect and hostel driver, took us on the scenic route. Great views of little bay and great bay from the hill between Philipsburg and the airport.

Little Bay

Little Bay

Little and Great Bays

Little and Great Bays

Philipsburg

Philipsburg

Night flight from Sint Maarten to Antigua on a tiny LIAT airways flight. Stopped at St Kitts for 15 minutes. At departures in SXM I found the best seating at any departure lounge that I have suffered in anywhere in the world.

Rocking

Relaxing in a rocking chair in departures SXM.

Rocking Chairs in departures SXM.

There was more than one, a few more on the other side of the area as well!

 

Unfortunately somewhere between Sint Maarten and Gatwick my luggage managed to get lost. I blame Virgin as they sold me my ticket and it allowed me yet another rant at the bearded, smarmy, music pirate, hypocritical, jumper wearing, uncaring, cnut in charge of the so called Virgin group. Maybe it is only the passengers on his trains and planes that are NOT virgins as he keeps fucking them at every opportunity. -Rant over-

Back now in Cornwall waiting for the birth of my latest grandsprog, she is in the hospital as I write this so should be imminent. More later.

Next venture will be back to San Salvador to continue working for www.elsalvadordivers.com so if you want to learn to dive with me in the crater of an active volcano you know where to come.

 

About mickthewaterboy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands Antilles

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.