Existing Member?

Year of the Pig Adventures Mick and Fi's adventures to share with family and friends

One more week Greek style

GREECE | Thursday, 13 September 2007 | Views [475] | Comments [1]

Hey everyone- good on ya Jez for your new job as a junior arkie. Can't wait to talk to you about designs for our dream home. Won't be too complicated at all- white washed, cube-like with a goat and a couple of chickens out the back...facing the ocean on a little spot we have our eye on about 500m from here.

Mick and I have been finding various little beaches to lie on. The first one was stunning. It was about an hour's walk from our hotel via a dusty old track, then a precarious goat walk down the incline to the beach. Don't look down. Don't look down. We eventually got to the beach to be greeted with a bare European middle aged bum. He didn't look really fit and we had to admire how he'd managed that wretched descent. We were wondering how we were going to get back up again when at that very moment a boat moored and 10 other people poured off. Much smarter way to get to the beaches as it turns out.  

We have been meeting heaps of the locals. There is a crazy gal Marina who works at the hotel and Nick who is a waiter at our fav restaurant. Mick and I stayed up drinking with Nick till 2am this morning. Bill & Kay are well. Dad has been spying on everyone down at the port with his binoculars. He can tell everyone when the buses are due, what people are having for lunch and if the old boys caught any fish. He loves it.

Hope everyone is well, thinking of you all, Fi x

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

Hello lovelies,

Wish i hadn't googled your accomodation! I am so jealous that i'm going to give both of you chinese burns when you return because you are spoilt! Lucky, lucky things ;-)
Isn't it strange how those inclined to get around without their kit on are invariably middle aged Germans?? It's horrifying and should be banned. When on hols I like to admire pristine beaches etc without the fear of a saggy old man's bum popping up from behind a dune.
All is well in Brissy. Writer's Festival and my play are dominating all my time at the moment. I am going to be so excited when the whole shebang has finished and I've got some free time again. Simon and I have also had to move our wedding date forward (for visas etc) so we're eloping to Hobart and doing the deed on the 17th of November. Eek! Then we'll renew in Vegas (7 months later...he he he)
Can't wait to see the two of you again!
Big love xxxx

  Kath Sep 14, 2007 2:53 PM

About mick-and-fi

Ah it's been nearly 3 years since we've been overseas...sob...SOON!

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.