Existing Member?

Year of the Pig Adventures Mick and Fi's adventures to share with family and friends

No more Retsina!

GREECE | Friday, 14 September 2007 | Views [570] | Comments [1]

The last 2 nights have been all about the drinking with the locals. First with Nick down in the port and then with Marina & Nikolaus last night in the hotel bar. It all went a bit wokeyed after the retsina came out. Nikolaus turned up the Greek music and we all lurched around the terrace bar stamping like there was a cockroach plague. I practised my Greek:  "I think I'm pished" and "Hello! How are you! I'm from Australia!" (as if you couldn't work that out) and "I love the local cuisine!" (pointing to wine) 

The wind has come up today and is blowing up white caps in the previously calm bay. Today we're hand washing our things as it's nearly $30 a load for the hotel to do a load for you (laundry and booze is what breaks us every time)....I can't keep getting around in a sarong. I've read everything I can get my hands on and am now reading "Zorba the Greek" which is an awesome book. I'm quite hooked.

Thinking of you all. Kath- will you really be hitched so soon? Jaysus. I wish I could catch up with you all here. We've been sending heaps of postcards to everyone- of donkeys and mooses and anything else remotely edible.

Love to everyone, Fi xxxx

Tags: Party time

Comments

1

Hey Guys!

Greece sounds absolutely esquisite, even in the filthy parts. Can't wait to see photos. I can only imagine the views you were getting from your accomodatiion. This is a beautiful time of year in thailand too and will be the perfect wind down after an awesome trip (unless of course you stumble across some potent acid at a full moon party then lord knows where you'll end up). It sounds like Kay and Bill have had an amazing time, it's such a great thing to share with your folks. Am hoping it wont be too long till can catch up with them again. Thankyou for making reference to your tan in your email Fi, have ordered some industrial strength orange auto bodyshop paint so as not to appear transparent while standing next to you on your return! Have had a real miserable crappy couple of weeks and have been trying my best not too get too down by stayin active and gettin out and about. Am finally going to see the incomparable Kath in her play next week which am eagerly anticipating. The band has also finally come together which is so so great and rehearsals writing and jamming have been a good distraction and outlet. Am going down to byron on the weekend too so am praying for exceptional weather for swimming and maybe surfing which have been trying (and failing) at a couple of times recently. How did you find the beaches on the greek isles? Sandy or rocky? Choppy or calm? Am so jealous that now you're only hours away from thailand. Your odyssey has inspired me and am so ready for some big changes that have put a iron clad budget in place and am setting the date late in Feb sometime to flee the country for 5-6 weeks. Alot of my peeps seem to be abroad around then so the thought of multiple international rendezvous' nearly has me peeing myself. I Hope you guys continue havin a kick ass time and enjoy the rest of your trip just the two of you. Am thinking of you both and can't wait to quaff beverages while you regale us with tales.
Big Love,
Ra x

  Ra Sep 20, 2007 8:56 PM

About mick-and-fi

Ah it's been nearly 3 years since we've been overseas...sob...SOON!

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.