Existing Member?

an adventure exploring australia be off then Hello there folks, just another little blog because three aren’t enough I will use this to post some pics from the little journey that will hopefully take me around Australia with a brief stop over in Bangkok! Leaving UK 20th Septe

daydream daze

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 13 March 2015 | Views [433]

nearly two weeks ago I set off on a journey with two wonderful women. We barely knew each others names and set off leaving the Sunshine Coast heading North. 

We didn't get very far in the morning as I just had to say hello to my friends in Amamoor. I never felt like being on the Mary Valley Orchard farm with the Gugger family was "just another job". Those folk are beautiful lovely people, and just under a months felt  much longer. So we stopped, chatted for ages, checked the dam this time round FULL. In this area rain really is exciting! :) I felt really at home coming back, chatting to angela, who, bless her, gave me two punnets of persimmon to share the sweet gooie fruit love (and attrac more ants in my car ;-P). We headed over to the neighbors Jane and Phil, who are the loveliest, most welcoming souls I've met! We spent a good hour chatting, eating mango and just enjoying the gorgeous views feeling totally blissed out. We leave with soem freshly picked avocados, the last of the season's mangoes and A Pumpkin. As you Do! :D

It was clear, this was going to be one awesome trip! I fell a little bit in love with those two strangers who joined me for the ride. drea and Jane have become sisters on an awesome adventure! 

Listening to ben Howard we rolled into Rockhampton at sunset and made it to Yeppon...in the dark with no idea where to go. Satggered around the marina, near heart attack caused by snakes slithering across my foot... and a random cruise around the area ended up sleeping on a beach in Yeppoon. Massive guarded villas behind us. :) It was a beautiful set up, perfect spot for a snooze and even more beautiful for a little sunrise jog and yoga, persimmons for breakfast and preparing for farewells dropping the girls off at their ferry to Keppell.

sad and excited I set off to Mackay...a lonely and longer than expected five hours later I made to aimee's! So good to catch up with a sunny coast friend, had a wonderful sunset swim with aimee and matty and an amazing vegan feast with Aimee's friends! Yummo! How blessed am I having these great peeps around me? :)

Jack, my wheels, who's done well so far decided to have a break soon though.  after a morning out with Clutch my forlegged lover I got back to Aimee's and the battery lights came on. Aimmee, matty, do you know any good mechanics in Mackay who could have a look??? Aimee points at Matty. We drive over to his to see his brother to ask for help. I make it there. I try start Jack up for them to see...and...NOTHING. Battery completely flat. Nothings happening.

THANK YOU you awesome universe for taking me all the way out front these two beautiful boys' house! Seriously!?! :D 

Thank you MATTY AND JOSH for fixing my ride!!!!!!!!!! So MUCH LOVE! Oh and the PawPaw! YUMMOOO, i have had a crazy amount of paapaws in this country, but those from the boys' garden were seriously the tastiest things ever! As Aimee said, a lot of love has gon into growing them! :) I believe that!

before I leave Mackay I quickly climb an avo tree with aimee... why not. Urban forgaging to the max! ;-P

I make it to Airlie, tuesday 3rd March. rushing around the township to find some alternative to Shute Harbour's car park. Nada. At Shute I panic. Not enough cash for a month's pay for the secured car park. The other only takes coins and seems more pricey... how will I make it to the ferry  in time???? Well... things always work out! Lovely brian from Shute Harbour take my cash, writes me a parking ticket (accidently a month longer than I pay for?!??) hails the bus driver to wait for me...and off i rush to the port of airlie...five minutes late, or so I think... sweaty and in disbelief I get on the ferry and set off to the island.

and what happened next is another story... ;-)

I'm well, I earn some money, I met some nice peeps, I pissed off some "cool dudes" by telling them off for blasting out shit tunes every night... The food is shit, the work is hard and underpaid but the colleagues, supervisors and generally the guests are lovely. :D

More next time.

XXX

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.