Existing Member?

an adventure exploring australia be off then Hello there folks, just another little blog because three aren’t enough I will use this to post some pics from the little journey that will hopefully take me around Australia with a brief stop over in Bangkok! Leaving UK 20th Septe

5 weeks later

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 9 November 2013 | Views [301]

Left the farm over a week ago and it's been a bit of a rollercoaster. My hand is back to normal, the sap scab's gone, i'm left with white spots - the scars from the minor sap burns.
I want to say thank you again to Jodie and express my gratitude; how lucky I was to have you here and you letting me stay with you. You made darwin and the desperation after the fail that was the Mango Farm a bearable experience. You are one beautiful woman and you deserve the best, so happy for you being able to get back home! Enjoy some nourishing time with family and friends and let them spoil you! You need a holiday. You give  so much, it's time for you to get into a lower gear for just a little while! Lots of love Jodie and I am serious, i shall try make it all up to you when I get to Melbourne!!! :) XXX

I was also lucky to meet up with two strangers who dragged me out to see the beauty of Litchfield National Park. Tiziana and Jessica drove us out to some beautiful waterfalls and swimming spots, we did some easy to moderate trekking, especially enjoyed by Tiziana in her fancy thongs/flip flops ;-P And even though I was anxious to miss job opportunities (and i did indeed miss out on one) I had a wonderful time and don't regret a second of it. Got to understand how big this place is and how true the statement that you should try and see as much as you can of an area as you might not be back (not for a long time anyway). I never had such a relaxing swim as we did at the Wangi  Falls and chilling in the pool at the cascades. We were three lucky ladies often arriving and finding the spots either left to ourselves or just a few other people. You can truly enjoy the nature and tranquility of the places- the crocs aren't there yet! ;-)
This week feels like a month! I ran between two job agencies checking four different job opportunities. I'm not here to make the big $$$ but it is scary when everything seems to be calming down, no jobs going and time to waste until my flight to Cairns. There really isn't much to do in this City but you spend a lot when you have to pay for accomodation and food and there are many tempting tours. So, heck, I'm outa here! Got a job in a roadhouse/motel/ "middle of no where store" at Roper Bar. Now that's going to be an interesting job! it serves a community out there and, I guess, some people travelling through for the fishing spots along the river. God knows, but apparently it gets really busy! I thought the farm was remote but this is going to be something slightly different! :D I will report back soon! until then..lots of love to those who read this. Special Thanks to Jodie, Lauren, Siobhan, Tiziana, Jessica and everyone else who helped me through the first month! :)

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.