Existing Member?

an adventure exploring australia be off then Hello there folks, just another little blog because three aren’t enough I will use this to post some pics from the little journey that will hopefully take me around Australia with a brief stop over in Bangkok! Leaving UK 20th Septe

mango madness

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 2 November 2013 | Views [173]

No Joke. It has been one crazy weird month! And to everyone (including me ;)) who thinks picking mangoes sounds kinda romantic, out in the country, lush fruit and all that. Well, it is not! It's hot hot hot, mango sap might (actually, make that "will") mess up your skin, mangoes dropping on your head or any other part of your body and they are quite heavy and rock solid! And i was 'lucky' to have some odd problem with my hand that won't cope with the repetitive movement of gripping the picking pole handle so after a week it started swelling up and I wouldn't be able to even make a fist..then woke midnight because of the pain.. it's all a bit crazy really. On top of thatafter days on end on my own, I spent a week as the only girl with a bunch of idiots I couldn't talk to as topics were either cars, beer, hot chicks or war stories told by the lovely supervisor -an ex soldier (14yrs) who loved his job...and who starts every other half sentence with fucking. fucking is an adverb and adjective and to be used at any possible time. Luckily, there were at least two i could chat to a little bit and some lovely girls the last few days. It is all over now. One month exactly! back in darwin, luckily stil got Jodie here but will have to find a job pretty soon. I kept my positive outlook, don'tcha worry. It was all so ridiculously bad (especially the communication) that I had to just laugh about it , plus I could be certain that it can only get better! :D and i think all that fruit sugar kept me on maybe not a high, but at least a healthy level of contentment. We also spotted some cool lizards and a possum up in the tree tops. All that reminds me of travelling India, there was always something really really annoying and upsetting BUT beautiful things that would make up for the bad times and leave you smiling and happy you have done it and got on with it!

I have to admit I truly really missed my relax centre job and all my lovely friends in bristol A LOT! lots of love to you! and I'm so happy that at least I had you to think of and remind myself that there are awesome people out there and that it was those guys being retards and not me being weird! ;) I win!

Have i mentioned the night skies before? The stars? I woke up at 3am last night and literally just had to sit down a few minutes to just stare at the stars. The night before we had the sky light up continously by lightning,it was incredible. so so wonderful!

on that note...

Lots of love to everyone who reads this! xxx

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.