Existing Member?

M/S Eventyr Bits and pieces from my life. Now with pictures!

Couchsurfing - first bad/crazy experience.

FRANCE | Wednesday, 22 February 2012 | Views [7690] | Comments [2]

I love couchsurfing! Really I do. Usually people are nice. No you don't always have a connection with them, but you can still have a nice together and enjoy the views into another culture and way of life. Once in a while you meet special people that you just "click" with and leaves a (hopefully) lasting impression and connection. And rarely you will meet people you of one reason or another don't get along with at ALL. Recently it wasn't a question of getting along - this guy was simply mad! Not in the crazy good way, it was in the crazy what the fuck way! I'm not sure that I will ever be able to give a correct describtion of him. In the beginning he was just a nice guy with some particular behavior - his profile was kind of strict and you could feel the ex-military man in the text. On the phone before meeting him he just talked a lot, but was really cool about us arriving almost without notice. When we came to his apartment all was normal except we almost immediately start a heavy sex conversation. He believes that everything else than missionary is perverted and should be avoided. Also he believes that you need to help gay people to get rid of their perversion or sickness. Okay his opinions are little on the extreme side but plenty of people share his views. The topic itself is a bit hardcore for just arriving but we could have stopped it, but no harm done. Our host HATES his city, he is not just a little bored with it. No he feels prisoned and that everybody around him is negative and free masons. Actually the only thing he could really talk about in relation to the city was that it's controlled by free masons, how the architecture is free-masonic and the human sacrifices that takes place under churches, official buildings and big mansions around Bordeaux. Until the last night he just stayed semi weird, farting all the time, seeing free masonic ghosts, evil, rude and sad Bordeaux people, the prison he felt the city was, looking forward to going back to England for the food and the people and how life would be better soon, because of some money he would get. Every time we tried to encourage him to change the situation - go travel as he wanted, move to some other neighborhood that was happier, get a job or any thing that he complained from missing he would be very defensive and tells us that is easy to say, you are young and that kind of thing. The last night him and Jess gets in to this really deep and crazy conversation about dreams and God. He thinks that dreams are a way for God to communicate with people. Because Jess writes her dreams down she is a powerful prophet and chosen by God to do crazy things when the apocalypse comes or the big fight between good and evil. Which is by the way just around the corner everybody, so watch out and prepare! Apart from that he is also a prophet. As many prophets before him he has to go through a long period of trial, before he will receive his blessing. It is foreseen that he will get the woman of his dreams, a couple of children, his skills as a wine drinker (his words:) will be recognised and he will travel the world with it and finally when everything goes to hell - he will be able to touch DEAD people and they will come back to life!!! This is all for sure and in no way a joke. When he said those words I avoided Jess' eyes and looked even deeper in my book to hide the laugh, shock and horror from this guy. It was definitely an experience being hosted by the farting conspiracy guy, but I prefer people a bit more down to earth and polite. Shit I almost forgot he kept complaining about people being rude and cold in Bordeaux, but he was no better him self. Going in to a post office he immediately started screaming for the guy to come and help him before looking for a bell or asking quietly. And aggressively accusing of us being messy and untidy, when there was one hair in the bathroom. And there was no thanks when Jess cooked him dinner. The guy had a really tough life being homeless and a lot of shit have happened to him. So we felt really sorry for him and hopes that his situation will improve. The aftermath of the stay have been a lot of laugh when we tell people about him, but a bit of anger as well - originally he gave me a positive reference on CS but after our reference, which was marked positive but being honest about him being very full on, he changed it to a neutral . Yes a know it's not the end of the world but my personal pride is suffering and I think it's idiotic to change a reference because you didn't like yours. Then he should have been honest from the start if that was what he felt or written me a personal message. He did send a personal message to Jess about it and halfway threatens to change it again (presumably to negative) if I/we change it. In the end I don't want to make a reference battle on CS, but you guys were not spared sorry for that. I should write a nice story about CS now, but choosing one is too hard ;) 
Next time will be more cheerful, hopefully about the last month in France and no more Bordeaux stories :)

Tags: bordeaux, crazy guy

Comments

1

you shouldn't have left paris, come back home and doggystyle!!!!

  rikita Mar 27, 2012 9:56 PM

2

This guy sounds like lots of fun :)

  Tony Jun 16, 2013 4:18 AM

About mettesv

Eating chocolate and biscuits at a metro station in Bilbao, while we waited for our host

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.