Existing Member?

M/S Eventyr Bits and pieces from my life. Now with pictures!

An homage to people

GERMANY | Wednesday, 11 January 2012 | Views [866] | Comments [2]

This little piece will just be an homage to all the amazing people I have met on my way. The people stopping in the middle of roundabouts, in the twillight, on service stations in the middle of the night for a possibly tired, extremely dirty (at points I think my pants could walk by themself!), wet, layered with clothes beyond recognition of gender and looking like a bum. And the people who offered places to sleep, when I had non. Responding to desperate pleas for a couch from some random girl(s) calling them up, meeting in the streets and giving me a ride. I am truly amazed by the amount of people willing to help a stranger with food, shelter, any future troubles (I have collected a vast amount of numbers of peoples friends) something that I believed only existed in far far away countries. I think al this prejudices are a result of people travelling to find something exotic in the far East Asia or South America and forgetting the close neighbours in Eastern Europe!

I will just repeat my apology for spelling errors and typos on this blog. I just reread some of it and wow that's is really bad. Even my mother pointed this out to me and she is a far from worse English speaker than me. A readers guide: I often put "a" instead of "I" and switch around "me" and "my", the rest is just being lazy and lot proof-reading before publishing.

Comments

1

Hi Mette, A nice trip you are taking. Guess that you are meeting lots of inspiring people.
Are you avoiding Holland? I don't hope so. If you wish to visit us you are most welcome.
Have a nice journey with lost of fun.
KH Patricia and Evert

  Patricia Brunklaus Jan 19, 2012 9:25 AM

2

aæiaøiaå, - pjat skat - det er nok a jyde og ikke I english(wo)man der er på spil når talen skal på skrift, Nu kommer der lidt sne men kyndelmisse er det jo alligevel og så er vinteren ½ færdig.
Sjovt at I var hos Patricia og Evert. kram og hyg dig/Jer.

  Annemarie Svenningsen Feb 3, 2012 1:38 AM

About mettesv

Eating chocolate and biscuits at a metro station in Bilbao, while we waited for our host

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.