Existing Member?

M/S Eventyr Bits and pieces from my life. Now with pictures!

So far so very good.

POLAND | Friday, 5 August 2011 | Views [472]

Finally some time to write a bit about my adventure, and can't really figure out where to start. An apology for the broken, danglified english, sometimes homemade words and the lack of proofreading!

Hitchhiking is the easiest and most entertaining thing in the world. I have met some very interesting people with a very limited english vocabulary. In Sweden it was not a problem as I improved my understanding of Swedish and vice versa. But damn when I go to Eastern Europe again I'll try to learn a few things in russian - as it's the best shot of being understood if not in native language (but there are soooo many of them!.

One of my best rides was with to Finnish guys on motorbikes from Tallinn towards Riga. They had almost extra everything! And itąs the one tzpe of ride where a donąt get sleepz at some point. We had a lunchbreak in Parnu including a verz odd promenade at the beach. Imagine me with khaki shorts, big hiking boots and a medium sized backpack, one BIG finnish guy with army pants and motorcycle boots, along with a older guy actually dressed for the beach! Another great one was a bus filled with Litaunians going to Germany and England to work, speaking onlz a little german and almost no english. But I got some long needed german practice and a lot of food and some strange litaunian alcohol.

I went to a finnish mass karaoke in Helsinki. That was pretty weird signing along to a well known song but with a completely unfamiliar lyric in a langauge you don't understand. All the finns went crazy and danced on the tables and chairs one otherwise quiet monday evening.

I think I ąm one of the biggest tourist attractions in all the Eastern European places I've been. Most places it's because of my big boots in the summer heat or generally looking sloppy dressed. Others because of I'm a (coulered) girl travelling alone. But I'm almost used to it now.

Currentlzy I'm in Warsaw, leaving for Krakow tomorrow morning before heading to the Sziget Festival in Budapest. After Budapest I'm unsure where I ąm going, maybe Croatia.


Bis bald

About mettesv

Eating chocolate and biscuits at a metro station in Bilbao, while we waited for our host

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Poland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.