Existing Member?

My World Travels

Amsterdam

NETHERLANDS | Friday, 19 December 2008 | Views [575]

6am wake up this morning to head to Amsterdam and catch up with 3 other friends from back home. As meg and i walked out the door of our hostel we walked into wind rain and darkness. It was one of the funniest walks to a bus stop i have ever done. Meg was carring our food box, as we had a long day on the train and had food for our trip and because it was raining so much we got our umbrallars out well megs snapped in half getting her soaking wet and all the food aswell, our poor baget had no bag and was getting soaked on top, not to mention it getting dropped on the ground twice. Its ok were backpackers let it dry and it was all good.
Finally got to Amsterdam after the long train trip, Katie met us at the station and walked us to our hostel cause we were staying at the same place, well thats what we thoguth. We got there and there was a problem with our check in, just so happened that i booked it for october not November, yeah dont ever get me to book things....Not to worry the people just called the other Flying Big hostel which was 10 min away and we got in there for the night. We checked into the hostel then went back to the girls at the other place till late late late and meg and i went back to our place.
Day 2
Meg and I headed back to the Downtown hostel where we checked in there and were staying for the next 2 nights. We ended up being in the room next to the 3 girls so that was pretty cool. Everything in Amsterdam is at a crusie pase so we took outr time and went to go find the Anne Frank House, what was ment to be just around the corner ended up being the longest walk all around Amsterdam because when we ask people for directions everyone kept sending us in different directions or back from where we just came from. We finally made it to the House thanks to some old lady who ended up just walking us there. Very interesting house, well worth the walk. After the House we went to do some food shopping cause its cheaper to cook ur own food then buy fast food all the time. It was another adventure. We had a case of beer for the 5 of us and food for the 5 of us, so we had to steal a shopping trolley to take it back to our hostel, carmer must have got us because it started pooring down and snow and hail and wind like u wouldnt believe. We all got our umbrallas out but meg cause she didnt have one since berlin and all 4 of them snapped cause of the wind. It was so funny....
Day 3:
Afte another late night we all got ready and went for our first walk down the Red Light District. WOW it was funny. All different kinds of women, fat, old, young, ones eating dougnuts hahaha everything i guess a desprate guy would be looking for.
That night we went to go out clubbing and we got told to catch the ferry to this really cool club which in on an Old Navy War ship. We managed to rope in someothers from our hostel and a group of us walked to the ferry singing so loud random songs. The ship was preety cool idea and it has been going for about 10 yrs all around Europe. It was a big night because we missed the last ferry home so we had to stay out parting till 7am when the 1st ferry came.Yes great night.
day 4:
Didnt do to much as we were all stuffed from the night before, we just walked around downtown amsterdam and that night watched DVDs at the hostel. Meg and i were staying at another place in Uptown tonight so we got the last tram back there around 1am
Day 5:
This morning we met the girls at the IAMSTERDAM sign and got some photos we then went to the van GHogh Museum. Once we left there we went to do something fun, like Ice Skateing. We had the ring to ourselfs, it was so much fun, Im supprised we all left Amsterdam with no broken bones.... we had races, compitions who could do the best tricks and the amount of times we all crashed into the side of thewalls or each other or just face planting it into the ice was crazy.
We went home and cooked dinner then came back to the ice skating later that night around 10pm till 1am skating again, we grew a crawd this time because we sucked so much.
day 6:
Meg and i were leaving later this arvo so before we left we went to do a bike tour we thought it started at 12pm but turns out it started at 11am, thatnks to steph it was her fauklt we missed it....:) while we thought of something else to do we played a bit of footy on a side street with a ball we found, didnt last long because katie kicked it over a fence. We then saw these paddle boat and decided we would go on one. Its for 5 people and only 2 have to do the paddling and all the hard work. Well lucky Keren and I cause we just stuck doing all the work.... Was pretty funny cause it was really hard to stear and think we nearly hit 5 on coming boats lucky for us they could see we were struggling and they moved out of the way.... hahaha
later that arvo at 6pm Meg and I said Good Bye to the girls only till Lumembough and got on our train to Belgium.... Here is where it all geos wrong again, We thought we were going to brussels, well we got there and were looking for our bus bus number 3 turns out the lowest bus is bus 40. So we called katie and got her to check our hostel booking and to tell us where it is, Well it was in Bruge. We had gone to the wrong city, Yep trust us to go to the wrong city... its ok we were use to all the problems it was just another speed hump... we got back on anohter train to bruge and finally made it to bus number 3 and then to our hostel by about 10pm.... very interesting day again.

Well that was amsterdam with maybe a few things missing but im sure u dont wanna no EVERYTHING.... i been up too.... hahaha

Had lots of fun in Amsterdam. Miss u all, lots of love to u all.
xxxxx

About melwhite14


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.