Existing Member?

My World Travels

Fun times in Berlin...

GERMANY | Friday, 12 December 2008 | Views [466]

Sorry i have been the worst ever at keeping up to date with my blog. The last few weeks were so crazy and on the go all the time.
Anyway Berlin was AWESOME!!!  We found our way to our hostel pretty easy, after missing our stop and having to walk back ages.... The hostel was only 5 Euro a night so we thought that was great cause we are the biggest budgeters... we got there and soon found out why it was only 5 a night. we were in a 12 bed mix dorm and our beds was a matress on the floor. What did we get ourselfs into?? We went out to buy food for dinner came back and met some of our room mates, they were 3 aussie guys traevlling together and another 2 brothers from aussie and an old guy from USA and a german guy. Yeah me and meg in a room full of guys, some mix dorm i say. So the first night we all stayed in and had few beers and got to know each other.
Next day Meg and i went to the train station to hire bikes for the day. It was such a great day, blue sky and sun was out. We rode all over berlin and it was crazy fun, you ride on the roads and with the cars and the cars always give way to u. we were on like a high way with cars flying past. and no helmets!!! We rode thought the tier garden and thought the zoo, which was beautifull, alot of the leaves were falling... then to the memorial statue in the middle of a big massive round a bout. meg and i thought we had to ride to the middle of it. little did we no there was an under ground tunnel that we had to take. almost getting hit by cars we managed to get back to the side of the road.... it was so funny. So when we went to leave this uni student guy came and asked meg and i if he could take photos of us for some uni project that will be in some museum or something, he went on and on so we just said yes. pretty funny, our faces will prob be all over some stalkers website. We then rode onto the Brandenburg Gates where Nazie and Allied forces came together. Then onto Checkpoint Charlie where the STASI and CIA spied on each other. From there we went to the Berlin Wall. we got some photos and wrote our name on the wall, hehe. From there we had to ride back to the train station and hand back the bikes, on our way we bumped into the 3 boys stopped and talked for a little while.
that night meg and i and the 3 aussie guys decided we would do the pub crawl together. We started at our hostel with few pre drinks before getting ready and heading out. it was pretty much free shots all night and you go to 5 pubs and a beack night club. meg and were looking forward to the club, BUT..... we only made it to the 2nd pub... i no poor effort. I dont even remember going into the 2nd pub the only thing i remember is vommitting in the toilets hahaha, then i remember walking out and meg was vommitting in the gutter out side. Some police men walked over to us and got us a cab, yeah disapointing night it was the pre drinks that killed me. 2 bottels of wine will do it to u every time.
the next day was pretty sad we had to stay inbed most the day. the boys got home at about 4am and jumped on us and we were so loud we woke up the old american and the german and they ended up moving rooms Oops. when we finally got up we went and got a bite to eat with the guys and then went and had few beers at a löocal pub and played some pool, easy night really.
Next day the boysleft for budapest and meg and i were due to do some washing. We went and founf a local laundy mat and washed everything. While we were sitting there i came up with a good idea, i bet meg she couldnt fit in the dryer, and she thought she could, so as she was getting into the dryer i was videoing her. it was so funny. And yes she did fit in. u'll see it all on video soon...Tonight was our last ngiht in Berlin and we are off to Amsterdam early in the morning to we had a good quiet night, cause the 6am wake up were not going to like...
love you all.
xxx

About melwhite14


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.