Existing Member?

My World Travels

Belgium

BELGIUM | Wednesday, 24 December 2008 | Views [488]

Finally in the right city, Bruge, its so beautifull and old. Def my fav looking town. This morning we did some much needed washing as everything stunk from Amsterdam.... so washing everything was what we had to do. After washing we walked around town and it was wednesday so the market was on, we brought some fresh veggies as we are so sick of frozen packet stuff. Then we went to the Frie museum and learnt history of potatoe and how to make awesome fries. from there we went to the Chocolate museum my favourite place, hehe, we got few free sample and then at the end we couldnt resist we had to buy some chocolate....mmmm....
that night was just few quite drinks with some friends we made at hostel. The second day we were leaving in the arvo so decided to hire bikes for the day to ride to the beach. the lady was really helpfull and showed us where to go on the map and said it would take a max 1 half hrs to get there. so were riding away and after 2 hrs i tell meg to look again were we are, as she was looking i realized she had been looking on the tracks on the back of the map not the actuall map its self. we were taking the long way the 50km way... no turning back now. We finally go to the beach after another halfa. it was ok, not the prittiest looking beach but we hadnt seen one in ages so was good. when we got back to the bike i realized my front tire was completely flat. i couldnt ride it back because i didnt wanna have to pay for it if i broke it. so i was pushing it for 20 min then got sick of it and rode it very slowly in 2st gear only. it took us 4 hrs to get back i was so angry and was about to blow, i just threw the bike back at them got my bags and we left. NOTE : never give meg the map, AND also carry a repair kit when bike riding...
we got to Brussels that night and when i was walking to our room i rolled my ankle with my big 25kg pack on my back.... what a friggen day, thats all i can say. Did nothing that night as i couldnt walk.
BRUSSELS:
Today spoke to mum on the phone then i walked all around Brussels looking at momuments and museums altho there are so many i didnt go to them all. that arvo was EXCITING as dan, jess and the heatheringtons arrived and their hostel was only a 10 min walk from ours, so that arvo we went and saw them, was good to see family again, a little bit of home...hehe... we had dinner that night together then went back home.
Next day we were unfortunatly leaving and going to Luxembourg, so we had to say goodbye to them, oh well it was just good to see them anyway. they walked us to the bus stop at around lunch time and our train was at 1pm.
rest of the day was spent on the train. We were going to Meet the girls again in Luxembough then realized we were on the same train but no-one could be bothered moving cause we had our bags and i had saw ankle.... any way Luxembourg next...
xxxxxx

About melwhite14


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Belgium

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.