Existing Member?

one step at a time-my life in a backpack Ok where to start? Well I'm 23 an aussie and after years of talking about doing this travel thing I have set off on my way. The idea is to see the uk and europe (highly original I know) But since I set out here I just don't know where to stop!! I believe the travel bug may just have bitten me! But really you only live once and why not see everything. Life should be about happiness and experiences not stress and misery! Well at least thats what I want!

Edinburgh

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 23 March 2007 | Views [332]

After a few days in london I was on my way to edinburgh!! Once again I am soo excited then I found out I have a 10 hour bus drive. Time for a good book and a fully charged ipod so I was set!!  What can one say about edinburgh! The place is cool! I saw the castle and walked the most awesome streets the buildings are wickered!! I went on 2 ghost tours the best was The city of the dead! Believe what you want but stuff actually happens on this tour! Seriously!! When your in town do it! I swear by it! I saw Roslins chapel and went to the many museums! Roslins chapel is cool a bit over the top tourist attraction but movies will do that and I have to say I was there mainly because of that ! Guilty! It is still cool and the bus ride is quite nice. Edinburgh is full of the best stories and has a rather dark past! Mary kings close etc.. All the witch trials and torture add in the plague and an over crowded city that had no plumbing abd the fact they drank from the loch nor which was both a dump for their sewerage aswell as there drinking water! By the way it has since been drained and made into the princes park! A very nice park. The castle can been seen on the volcanic crater and it is just magical. I recommend this place!!

Tags: Sightseeing

About mel-halden


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.