Existing Member?

Myanmarwedding

Final leg of fantastic journey

MYANMAR | Saturday, 7 July 2012 | Views [477] | Comments [1]

Its `10.10pm and I have 6 hours till my wake up call so this is brief.

Today we woke in Mandalay and I have just returned fromKo Shei's farewell dinner at his house inYangon.

First we had a sumptious breakfast at Pipi's auntie's house,local Mandalay specialities. We last met her dressed up to the nines so it was delightful to see the family again in their home.

Then to the reconstructed royal palace, the walls of which are huge but the allies shelled the shit out of the place inearly 1945 and once againI turned into local historian for the group. A trip to another fascinating temple. Then we had a 45 minute boat trip up the Ayerwady to a place ont he other side,Mangan.  It was stinking bloody hot and if I hadmoretime I'd tell you more about the arse end of a cattlebeast, inmy face,and the arse end of an elephant. 

By 4pmwe were boarding for 2 hours flight back,via Bagan.  This timeit was cloudy and wedidn't see anything compared to the other day, except the cliffs/earthbanks at the river side.  the plane wqas really hot.

Only 45 minutes at the hotel to turn ourselvesfrom hot stinky sweaty creatures into party babes,which we did.  So, we are pretty tired and still on a high.  Luckily, the falling like flies club disbanded yesterday through lack of members.

We have had lovely food today cooked by family members,and the best pork buns everfor lunch.

better go, see you in a couple of days.

MM

 

Comments

1

Good stories of your travels.

You would have loved to br here yestaerday (Friday). There was a nice shake only 4.8 so gave a few people who were down from North Island for a meeting an understanding of what it's like.

They'll probably get a bit of a tour Saturday afternoon.

Had to wake Dad to let me out this morning. Eddy did his trick and locked my door.

See you soon.

Love M.

  Missy Jul 7, 2012 6:18 AM

About meanieb


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Myanmar

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.