Existing Member?

Eo Ire Itum

BEACH BEACH BEACH!

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 20 January 2009 | Views [712]

I didn't realise how much I missed the beach until I got to Sihanoukville. Today I woke up and bounded straight down to the beach. I walked along the entire length of Serendipity Beach; stopping every now and again to wade in the calm crystal blue waters or sit on the golden sand and contemplate the world.

After a good hour and a half wandering on the beach I bumped into Scotty, the Kiwi that I met in Hanoi around Christmas time. I couldn't believe it was him and he and his friend Matt asked me if I would like to come along with them to Ochheuteal Beach, which they said was much more secluded and has some fantastic bars and restaurants.

We set up camp, went for a swim in the beautiful warm, shallow water and I had my self a lovely ice cold pina colada. I haven't had such a relaxing day in AGES. It was lovely to just chill out by the water and bask in the sun. Its also been a long time since I've enjoyed swimming in the ocean so much. In Sydney most of the beaches have fairly big waves and sometimes rocks and rips so it can be pretty dangerous. This beach was just breathtakingly beautiful and very calm.

So I arrived here yesterday from Phenom Penn with Charlie and Greg. We parted ways here basically because the boys want to do their thing and I want to do mine. We were sharing a room in Phenom Penn which made accommodation very cheap but also meant none of us really had much privacy or space. So now that I have my own room I'm able to relax and have some time to my self.

Over the next few days I think I will check out some of the surrounding islands and the national park, and do some more sun baking on the beach. :)

About mazystar

Winter time means HATS!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.