Existing Member?

Eo Ire Itum

New Years Eve

LAOS | Saturday, 3 January 2009 | Views [693]

New Years Eve in Vang Vieng didn't really meet my probably over enthusiastic expectations. I wasn’t sure exactly what to expect, but I wanted to at least have fun. It ended up just being more like a high school dance with young drunk people everywhere most of whom were trying to pick up in the most obvious and in some cases quite aggravating ways.

There was a huge party down at one of the riverside bars with bonfires, DJ’s and buckets and from a distance it looked like fun so Lyb, Graeme and I headed over and had a gin and tonic each. The evening was already in full swing and the place was filling up with people very quickly.

After a few drinks I started talking to a lonely looking German woman called Hannah and her and I decided to go off for a dance. What followed is an evening I’d much rather forget. I didn’t end up having as much fun as I had wanted simply because I don’t like crowds and I didn’t enjoy the amount of sleazy men leaching around the place. I ended up getting quite annoyed and heading back to my hotel room fairly early.

All in all a rather disappointing New Years, but then I really don't think I've had many that aren't somewhat of a disappointment.

About mazystar

Winter time means HATS!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.