Existing Member?

dawesberry adventures my view of the big family adventure.

limerick dilemna

IRELAND | Friday, 25 August 2006 | Views [561]

bed head and early morning peek at an old abbey

bed head and early morning peek at an old abbey

I woke up that morning suddenly realizing that toMORROW was Monday, July 24. THE Monday, July 24th. The mondayjuly24th that was the start of the Achill Island Summer School, where I could be placed in a whistle class for the level that I am at! Maybe I’d be surrounded by small children, but I’d be learning something! Or, I could take any number of classes - set dance classes! Shit! We were a good way off and wanted to see some sights, so would have to scoot through them if we were to make it to Achill. And I’d have to convince Steve that he wants to go to the Achill island thing. HA! As if he’d want to go there, he’s too advanced a player. But, he knew that I was feeling down about my musical experience so far. He was getting lots of playing, but we were always steered towards situations where he would find players that matched his availability, and I was left lacking. Not that I don’t appreciate the good music. Its just that I’d hoped for some playing/learning myself. Not only all that, but if we were going to make it to Achill, we couldn’t go to Jim’s gig tonight! I thought of all of this as I broke it to Steve, who hardly knew what I’d been hoping about the Achill experience. AND there was meeting Isuelt there. She’d said that she’d be there that week. I have to admit that this was one of the more dramatic moments of the trip. And well, yes, maybe I did get out of the van and start walking. Drama queen. I had to go on the internet back in Ennis to determine if I could sign up for the classes late, and there just wasn’t much info there, not even a phone number. It seemed like you sign up for the whole thing in the beginning. So, I decided to give in. Part of my didn’t want to let Jim down… we’d missed him in Cork, and then he was sick and never came to Dingle while we were there as was thought. He’d invited us, and it seemed rude to turn it down. Well, it was probably a school for little kids anyway. So we went to Limerick and treated ourselves to a HOTEL ROOM! With SHOWERS! And a BED! We were only walking distance from Dolan’s where the gig would be. Ahhhh!

Tags: On the Road

About maurajeanie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.