Existing Member?

dawesberry adventures my view of the big family adventure.

grrrrrrrrrrr! lost writing

IRELAND | Monday, 24 July 2006 | Views [542] | Comments [2]

i just spent over an hour writing about the amazing might i had on the guest list at Sharon Shannon's concert last night. and the stupid settings on this site made me lose the inspired writing! don't ya just hate that????


the short story

Sharon Shannon's guitarist, Jim Murray, is our friend from his touring in Australia, as well as Steve's earlier trips to Ireland. The dear invited us to this gig, which was being filmed for a dvd of her most recent tour. 8 piece, with electric ensemble to kick up the energy tastefully through-out. Sharon is a down to earth virtuoso, goddess. She had fantastic special guests, that i didn't know, but the rest of the audience sure did.

please go to declan o'rourke's website and listen to 'Galileo', to see what makes me have goosebumps and tears.

this is a very dry version of such an beautiful fun night. i'm still a bit angry about the loss... more later

Tags: Misadventures

Comments

1

Hi Maura,

I'm terribly sorry you lost your work. We're going to update the admin tools to let people know they should save their work every 15 minutes. At the moment we have a timeout on the site set at 1 hour which is to ensure we keep the site as secure as possible. I appreciate your frustration and again apologise for your lost work.

Kind Regards

Chris

  kipnomad Jul 26, 2006 2:09 PM

2

Dear Chris Noble,
thanks for responding to my email about frustrations of losing my work... however, i'd like to just clarify that there isn't a 'save' option on the page. I know well the value of saving my work.

you should try the process yourself, to understand the procedure that the page takes you through. if you had a save button on the page, that would be great. the problem comes up when you choose to create your own category tag. once you press that button, everything you did before it is lost!
if there were a save option on the page would be the best solution.
thanks again, still enjoying the blog!

  maurajeanie Aug 9, 2006 9:29 PM

About maurajeanie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.